By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft not finding much success with latest Wii games

Rabbids Go Home is out? What the hell? Since when?

I had interest in this game too and yet I heard and saw no promotion or talk about it.

When the hell did it come out. >_>

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
They made a big flaw with Rabbids go home by releasing it in November, its a good game, but its no where on par with NSMB Wii, of course it go lost in the shuffle

They should have waited until after the holidays and released it

It should have been a balance board and Motion Plus compatitiable mini-game collection, not a platformer.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

wfz said:
Rabbids Go Home is out? What the hell? Since when?

I had interest in this game too and yet I heard and saw no promotion or talk about it.

When the hell did it come out. >_>

LOL 3 weeks ago, November 3rd.

Advertising in America was nonexistant, like noname2200 said.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

long ago I do not expect anything from them.

Unless the game of rabbits and turtles, their only hope Wii is selling in RS2.

Saludos!!

They're a bit too early to call yet I think. Rabbids Go Home is actually going up in others and if this trend continues, the game is going to be a pretty fine and steady seller over the holidays. It is underperforming in NA, but it could end up at a million or maybe a bit short of it.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

They said outright that even casual games need marketing, and when it comes to the latest in their top Wii franchise, they don't fucking market it?

Either they are being that stupid, or they are sabotaging their own efforts.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

If they put on PS360 the shovelware they put on the Wii they would be extinct by now.

Try to develop solme decent games, I hope Red Steel 2 is good.

LordTheNightKnight said:
They said outright that even casual games need marketing, and when it comes to the latest in their top Wii franchise, they don't fucking market it?

So Malstrom is right?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

So Malstrom is right?

It's not that he's right (because too many go "he said it, therefore it's wrong"), it's that he's seeing the same pattern. I was born in 79, but I did find out about the auto industry around that time. The Japanese were making overall better cars, with more appeal. Did the US auto industry jumpt on that bandwagon? No. They put out some weak copycats and just did what they were doing already. Even stopping the gas guzzlers before it was too late was out of the question, even though that was an obvious and smart course of action.

It's reactionary. Something comes along that they don't understand. They can't copy it, so then they try to sabotage it, even unintentionally. Changing themselves to fit just goes against everything they know.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:

More like third parties only make Wii games to generate short term profit, and release so many junk titles that they don't care if a few only sell enough to make back their production costs.  They're mostly just trying to make a bunch of casual/mini titles hoping one will be the next 'hit' and sell 2 million.  Then they can make a bunch of sequels of it.  Those are the games they advertise, like 'Toy Story: Carnival Games' or 'My Sims Agents' or 'Rayman Raving Rabbits: TV Party'.

Then when one year, this strategy doesn't work or this strategy doesn't make as much money as a company wants, they blame the Wii for their money problems.  EA and now Ubisoft have both done this, despite being some of the biggest offenders of this strategy.  And having some of the best selling titles on the Wii.

Sounds like a bunch of snivelling babies.  'Wah, Nintendo is beating us down, we only sold 3 million off that last game, but they made 20 million!  We're going to starve!"

Six upcoming games you should look into: