By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft not finding much success with latest Wii games

The big third parties look like they are trying to freeze out Wii, but so what, all they are doing is signing their own death warrants

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
averyblund said:
I love Rabbids Go Home and Tenuchu Wii was an awesome winter release. But with that said fuck you Ubi. Despite being a little kinder to the Wii than some publishers, they have still been more than happy to flood the platform with shitty ports and broken mini-games. If they can't make money selling cheap ports on essentially upgraded GC HW they are retarded. I have been following the PSP charts lately and these games are lucky to sell 25K LIFETIME. Yet people still make games for that console without bitching. It blows my mind that anything but a AAA Wii game needs more than a few hundred thousand to break even. They certainly arnt using that money on advertising.

Another thing to point out is that Rabbids go home is likely to outsell Dead Space on either console and possibly both. How in the hell isn't that not a huge profit?

I wish these assholes would go 100% HD for a year and see what happens. Oh yeah they would crash and burn even faster than they already are.

Yes, but it was not included in this report.  The date of the report ends on the last day of September.

Not to mention, Ubisoft seems determined to see Rabbids go home fail

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

lol... so it looks like Kotaku has taken Guillemot's comments way out of context... stolen from GAF (thnx JJ

So Kotaku just twisted it to look like this. I'm back to forgiving Ubi, and I still think Kotaku is run by *******.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I should have checked the source. Never trust any Wii news from Kotaku.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
I should have checked the source. Never trust any Wii news from Kotaku.

I won't. I don't even go there anymore.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs