By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy 2 release date

I severely doubt it. It'll probably end up being a holiday release, and come out 3 years after the original.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Keep_the_change said:
LOL not a chance, it will be released AFTER the end of the fiscal year, so the YoY sales for the Wii increase and stock get's higher for 2010/2011 fiscal year.

The fiscal year ends in January 30th. So, February 10th is not so crazy.

The fiscal year ends March 31st for Nintendo and Sony. It ends June 30th for Microsoft. Very few big companies actually end their fiscal year with the calandar year.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

It is too early

I believe that we will see in the middle of next year.

Saludos!!

they should just hold it off, unless they want to hurt the game's sales (nsmb wii will crush galaxy 2 like puny bug sales-wise).

also galaxy 2 will not help drive momentum i think. the sells will come from people who already own the console, so it won't drive hardware.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

People actually think this is going to be a holiday game? Seriously? It's pretty much completed now, why in god's name would they wait an entire year to release it? I'm calling it now - It's pretty much an impossibility for this to be releasing after Q2.

Around the Network

I think it will be around April, for the next fiscal year just to keep nintendo momentum. I hope so, it's gone be around my birthday. I hope it's not in february, bcs I have to beat the hell out of Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 that month.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
People actually think this is going to be a holiday game? Seriously? It's pretty much completed now, why in god's name would they wait an entire year to release it? I'm calling it now - It's pretty much an impossibility for this to be releasing after Q2.

The real question isn't "Why in God's name would they wait an entire year to release it?", it's "Why in God's name wouldn't they wait an entire year to release it?".

Though they may be finished with the game, they're not going to release it just like that. I'll give you 7 good reasons:

1) Nintendo has a reputation of holding back Mario and Zelda games.

2) It's a "Mario" title, not to mention 3-D, in which this is going to be a big game, if not, the biggest game for the Wii.

3) Nintendo wants to make as much money as they can because they know it will sell the most during the holidays.

4) The first Super Mario Galaxy was released in all regions in November 2007.

5) All the other 3-D Mario games were released in the second half of the year (in the U.S.).

6) They showed a demo trailer for the first Super Mario Galaxy in mid-2006, but they didn't release it until November 2007.

7) They still have to show a playable demo at E3 2010 and then advertise the game before they release it. They're not going to release it before then.

My point is this: Unless they come up with more information fast, and I mean FAST, don't get your hopes up because you may end up being sorely disappointed. Those are just words of friendly advice. And technically, it's almost a year and a half, not just a year because Super Mario Galaxy 2 was announced at E3 (June) 2009.

I'm unbeatable at Mario Kart Wii and Pokémon Battle Revolution!

Dare to try?

http://www.wii-games-wii.com/images/Mario-kart-wii.jpg" width="124" height="100"> http://awschrick.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/pokemon-battle-revolution-wii-1.jpg" width="126" height="88"> 

Kinda early, I would want it early summer release.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

There's no way a game that big will be releasing in 2 weeks. March would be my guess.

No way. This will come after Metroid the other M