By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy 2 release date

--OkeyDokey-- said:
routsounmanman said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
That soon after NSMB? I don't think so.

And as I much as I want this game, Q1 is already way too crowded. Bioshock 2 and Dante's Inferno come out on that same day.

MW2 didn't hurt NSMBWii. Mighty GTAIV didn't put a scratch on Mario Kart Wii. Really, if anything, Bioshock 2 and Dante's Inferno should be on the lookout.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying there's too many games I have to buy!

I see a few people in this thread saying it's finished. Where are you getting that from?

Just type it on google : Super Mario Galaxy 2 finished

Then you'll jump into interviews with Miyamoto that said the title was near completion.

Around the Network
Keep_the_change said:
LOL not a chance, it will be released AFTER the end of the fiscal year, so the YoY sales for the Wii increase and stock get's higher for 2010/2011 fiscal year.

The fiscal year ends in January 30th. So, February 10th is not so crazy.

Cheebee said:
Nah, can't see it coming out before E3. They need to show it to people and generate hype and awareness. This is not some random spinoff game, it's the sequel to one of the most beloved and critically acclaimed top titles of the last decade, they won't release it just like that, and especially not soo soon after NSMBW.

But they announced it at E3 2009. Nintendo will surely do a conference or something like that to hint the release date of Galaxy 2.

Too early. Expect to wait until Q2 at least.

guiduc said:
Cheebee said:
Nah, can't see it coming out before E3. They need to show it to people and generate hype and awareness. This is not some random spinoff game, it's the sequel to one of the most beloved and critically acclaimed top titles of the last decade, they won't release it just like that, and especially not soo soon after NSMBW.

But they announced it at E3 2009. Nintendo will surely do a conference or something like that to hint the release date of Galaxy 2.

Yeah they announced it, but that's all they did. There was a short trailer and they said it'd come in 2010. No more info then, and none since. Honestly, this is a major game, one with three big fat glowing A's and a capital G, Nintendo is not going to just go like 'Oh hey yeah, so here's Mario Galaxy 2'...

Seriously, if the game comes out in february 2010, I'll eat my hat. If only I had one.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

would be cool

For those who think the title should be released on March, Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a rumored release date of:

February 10th, USA

March 26th, Europe just after the conference of San Francisco

According to the website play.com, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is due to August 26th, 2010

Who knows really? It's all speculation at this point.

There are two possibilities, either they'll release it early next year or they'll delay it to add something else. I think that, if they release a new console they'll probably pull a Twilight Princess with Galaxy 2.

mm well maybe its probable, MG2 first, after some months Zelda and at the end of the year Metroid:Other M =D

Metroid: Other M

I say August 10-August 25, with my money going on August 15th, 2010.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."