By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy 2 release date

Necro post, folks. We all know now it's not coming that date :p

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

I'm quite shocked about the whole affair myself, unless Nintendo is just holding the game back

But it makes me wary. One of the trifecta is going to get bumped from 2010 if Galaxy doesn't release in the first half, and that makes Zelda the most likely...

I'm not surprised. I knew Nintendo would do this. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is too big of a title for it not to be a holiday release. They'll probably do the same thing with the new Zelda game as they are doing with this game (hold it off until 2011 because of Super Mario Galaxy 2 being released in 2010). They wouldn't want to release 2 big titles at or near the same time.

I'm guessing that Metroid: Other M will come out in August or September 2010.

I'm unbeatable at Mario Kart Wii and Pokémon Battle Revolution!

Dare to try?

http://www.wii-games-wii.com/images/Mario-kart-wii.jpg" width="124" height="100"> http://awschrick.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/pokemon-battle-revolution-wii-1.jpg" width="126" height="88"> 

GameGuy100 said:
Mr Khan said:

I'm quite shocked about the whole affair myself, unless Nintendo is just holding the game back

But it makes me wary. One of the trifecta is going to get bumped from 2010 if Galaxy doesn't release in the first half, and that makes Zelda the most likely...

I'm not surprised. I knew Nintendo would do this. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is too big of a title for it not to be a holiday release. They'll probably do the same thing with the new Zelda game as they are doing with this game (hold it off until 2011 because of Super Mario Galaxy 2 being released in 2010). They wouldn't want to release 2 big titles at or near the same time.

I'm guessing that Metroid: Other M will come out in August or September 2010.

That's the thing, though. They re-committed to Zelda Wii 2010, or at least NoE did.

They might end up doing it after all.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

There's no way it's releasing in two weeks. =\ They wouldn't push out a Mario game that quietly.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

If it was Feb 10th. I would think that we would be hearing tons and tons of news on it. and probably seeing ads + commercials.

Around the Network

Not to mention, we'd have seen more than just one trailer by now.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

It's not Feb 10th. The latest rumor I heard was late August.

Honestly it will probably come in November to capitalize on holiday sales.

wiilicious said:
I think it will be around April, for the next fiscal year just to keep nintendo momentum. I hope so, it's gone be around my birthday. I hope it's not in february, bcs I have to beat the hell out of Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 that month.

I don't think Galaxy 2 is going to keep Nintendo's momentum going (I wouldn't describe the first galaxy as a momentum builder or sustainer).  NSMBWii along with WF+ and WS:R will do a better job of that than Galaxy 2 will in April (Sorry, 3D Mario just doesn't sell consoles as well as 2D mario or Wii Sports-- and sequels are not exactly console sellers). 

I think Galaxy will release during Summer as their big Summer game, Other M will release in the Fall (and it will be lucky to hit 2 million ltd), and Zelda will release around Christmas as their big traditional christmas game while the Wii Vitality game will be their new evergreen title (or it will fail horribly like Wii Music).

I also don't think that Galaxy 2 will be released in the next couple of months because MH3 will release in the West in the next couple of months and all indications are that Nintendo is going to position that game as the big Spring, must-have title.

I was impressed with the 1st one...and it took many steps and bounds showing what the Wii can do...can't wiat till part II

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Hope it will be released WW sometime during the summer. July/Aug would be perfect. 2010 is looking pretty damn fine!