By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FIFA & PES on both 360 and PS3

either way FIFA was considered finished 5 - 6 years ago & was seens as being in its twilight years with PEs dominating

these sales prove the tide has turned

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

PES is stll better than FIFA imo, but FIFA is very good as well now (and licences matter to me, that's why I buy a FIFA game now and then - I want to play with my beloved BVB from time time).

I think FIFA10 on HD consoles is quite overrated on Metacritic though compared to PES2010 (90.5 for FIFA vs. 77.5 for PES at the moment). After having played it I think FIFA10 is a very good game but at the same time among the most overhyped games this gen.

This hype was one of the strangest and therefore most interesting of this gen imo, as it came out of nowhere and was nearly completely driven by English speaking media (which define Metacritic's/Gamerankings' scores). Most media in my country rated FIFA10 and PES 2010 on HD consoles much closer (88.5 for FIFA vs. 85.5 for PES).

The better sales for PES 2010 on PS3 are clearly due to the enormous popularity of the best football/soccer simulation franchise ever in Japan and Europe.

The PS3 is the console of choice for football gaming fans it would appear.

It's most likely due to Sony associating their brand with Football in Europe. They sponser leagues and heavily advertise. Even the recent Bravia advert had a football player in it.

Still FIFA 10 on the PS3 alone outselling FIFA 10 and PES on the 360 combined is an impressive feat.

I'm off to look at last years numbers.

darthdevidem01 said:
either way FIFA was considered finished 5 - 6 years ago & was seens as being in its twilight years with PEs dominating

No, Fifa always outsold PES back in the PS2 days. Things haven't changed.

It is the reviews that confirm Fifa's turning of the tide.

As for the low 360 attach rate for PES - the franchise didn't appear on Microsoft's platform until PES5, so the fanbase there is limited.

PES was always a better game, but fifa it's more noob friendly.

PES have also better players online.

also 360 sells more in america, america doesn't like football.

and PES should be called Winning eleven!, or Pro evolutio football >_>

Around the Network

Maybe PS3 users love Football that much that they even bought 2 version PES and FIFA or What Dallinor said.

outlawauron said:
Barozi said:
outlawauron said:
I'm an American and still I'm knowledgeable enough to know that PES is way better than FIFA.

Where have you been for the last 3 years ?

I know PES 2008 was pretty bad, but Konami stepped up with PES 2009 and PES 2010 each much better than the ones before.

PES 2009 was probably even worse. The first game were they used the Champions League license and they failed miserably.

Gameplay was 1:1 the same, but achievements sucked hard this time, so I didn't even bother to play more than 5 matches.

PES 2010 is a step in the right direction (much better graphics and achievements), but the gameplay still feels stiff (although a bit better than before). No where near the greatness of PES4-6

Xen said:
X360 fans are better informed (which is why PS3 FIFA > X360 FIFA in sales)...

Right?

No, that wasn't his point.

Jaaau! said:
Xen said:
X360 fans are better informed (which is why PS3 FIFA > X360 FIFA in sales)...

Right?

No, that wasn't his point.

Thank you sir, at least someone got my points right

darthdevidem01 said:

If I remember correctly, PES has never destroyed FIFA in sales. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA sales were higher sometimes.