By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FIFA & PES on both 360 and PS3

chubaca said:
Hidalgo said:
The reason behind the great gap in PES 2010 sales between the PS3 and X360 version is no other than this:

The hardcore gamer this gen chose X360,
and, as hardcore gamers, they are better informed than non hardcore gamers,
so, they knew PES2010 was ape shit,
and as a result, they took FIFA 10.

Meanwhile, PS3 casual owners who like football associate PES with PlayStation brand and they don't even know how good FIFA10 is. They don't even care. PES came into their lifes with PS2 and was c00l. Then, having the newest PES in PS3 is even c00ler.

What?

are you fifteen years old?

Nope, almost 23 indeed, and I'm starting to feel old! :p

BTW, it was the fashion at least here in Spain. People bought PS2 just to play Pro Evolution Soccer. And they keep with their combo nowadays. That's why PES2010 sells more on PS3 than on X360. Also because of what I said about information. X360 fans are better informed.

As I see many posts that disagree, I'm forced to think that I haven't expressed my opinion as clear as I thougth.

Lets put it straight.

PES2010 sucks. PS3 owners don't know and think it's cool. They buy it (at least here in Spain).

FIFA 2010 is way better than PES2010. X360 and hardcore PS3 users know, and as a result, it's the best selling football game this year.

I hope it's clearer now. Please also accept my apologies for the misunderstood.

Around the Network

X360 fans are better informed (which is why PS3 FIFA > X360 FIFA in sales)...

Right?

don't you think people bouhgt their PS2 and Winning eleven because in their experience in the PS1 it was plainly the best football experience? what's got to do the "be cool" thing? I really don't get it.

And also, I don't know what you mean with being better informed. FIFA has been a lie for how much time? ten years? saying that it's better than the competition, when it has been an awfully crappy thing. So it's not that people it's not informed, it's just that people made their choice a long time ago about this contest.

As I said, FIFA might be better now, I just don't believe it, and really don't care because I won't waste a penny nor a second with FIFA.

chubaca said:

don't you think people bouhgt their PS2 and Winning eleven because in their experience in the PS1 it was plainly the best football experience? what's got to do the "be cool" thing? I really don't get it.

And also, I don't know what you mean with being better informed. FIFA has been a lie for how much time? ten years? saying that it's better than the competition, when it has been an awfully crappy thing. So it's not that people it's not informed, it's just that people made their choice a long time ago about this contest.

As I said, FIFA might be better now, I just don't believe it, and really don't care because I won't waste a penny nor a second with FIFA.

You can try the FIFA 10 demo. I did and it was deleted 1 hour after... just a clumsy mess with excellent commentary.

Being a person that actually watches real football, follows the WC Euros Champ league and some Euro leagues. Judging form the demos of Fifa10 and Pes, id say Pes is the better more realistic game. Fifa is the more noob friendly game.

Sales wise, other then UK PS3 out sold 360 in Europe in some places like Spain PS3 has whooped its ass. With lack of piracy. Its only logical PS3 version sales better.

Many also agree that Pes is better played on PS3 controller.

Around the Network
Xen said:
FIFA has better gameplay than PES?

Even as a joke, that doesn't fly. Especially with FIFA's balloon physics. Also, compare PES 2010 graphics with Fifa 10 ones. Which is the better? PES, easy.

Online? fuck that. Football is all about talking trash to a player in a room with you, not silent playing. I swear, online is the plague of this gen.

More licenced teams... well yes. Even though a fuckload of them aren't popular/relevant/used.

FIFA is certainly very close at the moment, I think I will still need to get PES 2010 as well as FIFA 10. The reason the 360 sales suck is also partially because it sells very well in Japan.

Also, more recently, FIFA has become a much stronger brand in the UK, and on the mainland, PES is the stronger franchise, and of course, the same is true for 360 and PS3

I'm an American and still I'm knowledgeable enough to know that PES is way better than FIFA.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
I'm an American and still I'm knowledgeable enough to know that PES is way better than FIFA.

Where have you been for the last 3 years ?

Barozi said:
outlawauron said:

Where have you been for the last 3 years ?

I know PES 2008 was pretty bad, but Konami stepped up with PES 2009 and PES 2010 each much better than the ones before.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I would say that only FIFA 10 crosses the line from PES dominance to FIFA dominance, I have already played around 90 matches of FIFA 10, 6 minute halves, so it has been enough to keep me occupied