By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameInformer: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Review gets 6.5/10

Not surprised about the controls being bad. Also imo pointing a wii mote at a tv looks funny.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
SaviorX said:
Wow.
That review was almost as terrible as GamePro's review of The Conduit.

I just don't understand- if you hate the Wii ( which this guy OBVIOUSLY does) why the hell are you reviewing games for it? I would never want to go playing PC games and review them for a living.

He hates the Wiimote itself! He is also offended by the game's presence on the console. Add in the antediluvian screenshots and we have ourselves a troll.

Fuck this.

That's what it is, isn't it? Professional trolling. The only thing separating this guy from the people who get banned from forums all the time is that someone is paying him to do so.

Professional Trolling.

I love that phrase.  It is such a succinct way to describe video game journalism.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

gurglesletch said:
Not surprised about the controls being bad. Also imo pointing a wii mote at a tv looks funny.

Careful on the troll meter.  Besides, you'll soon be pointing a wii-mote at the tv, with a glowing cartoonish ball on the end of it, claiming it the best thing ever FYI, the controls on MW are fine, the reviewer is way off.

theRepublic said:
Mr Khan said:
SaviorX said:
Wow.

I just don't understand- if you hate the Wii ( which this guy OBVIOUSLY does) why the hell are you reviewing games for it? I would never want to go playing PC games and review them for a living.

He hates the Wiimote itself! He is also offended by the game's presence on the console. Add in the antediluvian screenshots and we have ourselves a troll.

Fuck this.

That's what it is, isn't it? Professional trolling. The only thing separating this guy from the people who get banned from forums all the time is that someone is paying him to do so.

Professional Trolling.

I love that phrase.  It is such a succinct way to describe video game journalism.

Only when talking about Wii reviews, mind you. Games that score low on HD consoles or PC had it coming, they're simply not that good.

Mummelmann said:
theRepublic said:
Mr Khan said:
SaviorX said:
Wow.

Fuck this.

Professional Trolling.

Only when talking about Wii reviews, mind you. Games that score low on HD consoles or PC had it coming, they're simply not that good.

While your comment is aimed at people that defend the Wii from reviewers at all costs, it is actually partially true. Some reviewers clearly have a problem with the lower tech base of the machine and are too close-minded to get used to a new control method which works really well once you get the hang of it.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network

"Second, using the Wii Remote as a pointer for first-person shooters sucks"

Faaaail! I stopped reading right there. The Wiimote is WASTLY superior to analog sticks for FPS aiming. Just because Reflex doesn't do it right, does NOT mean others can't and haven't.

N.Genckel said:
"Second, using the Wii Remote as a pointer for first-person shooters sucks"

Faaaail! I stopped reading right there. The Wiimote is WASTLY superior to analog sticks for FPS aiming. Just because Reflex doesn't do it right, does NOT mean others can't and haven't.

Though Refllex actually does get it right.

If you don't like it, adjust it. I mean... the options for the controls are staggering. You can even change the color of your reticle.

Also, I'm getting better at this game! I mean, it's not like that I'm pretty much dead last in ever category compared to my friends... I... uh... *cries*

Anywho, it's a solid game. It's all I could ask for in a Wii shooter... well... of course there's the splitscreen. >_>

I don't have mw:r as of yet, but I do have several fps and shooters in my library and the thing that stands out to me is the "using the wii remote as a pointer for first person shooters sucks".  thats a rediculous statement, and a total ignorant opinion and not factual by any stretch of the imagination.

would this same person say that "using a mouse/keyboard as a pointer/control for first person shooters sucks"???  I'm pretty sure noone is going to review the PC versions of fps's poorly because of the interface.  FPS's were born on pc's and are going strong today...and the closest thing to fps pc gaming is the wii imo.  Button layout can be the only problem I can see anyone having a legitimate gripe on and even then anything is learnable.

id go on but its time for work  =p

hopefully the controls are dialed in correctly and its just people that are analog players that are complaining because they arent used to it...and i'll be giving this game a shot myself soon.

on a side note...wii ds and pc icons just popped up under my avatar.  never had them before and wondered how to get them.  where did they come from if I didnt put them there?

I have the game and the controlls are better than using the analogue stick, plus the graphics are great for the Wii. I'de give it a 8.3/10.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d