By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameInformer: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Review gets 6.5/10

Mummelmann said:
mike_intellivision said:
KylieDog said:
It is a 2 year old port. Why are people expecting high scores? That alone should drop a few points.

Well, that would mean that Game Informer should have given it an 8 (they gave the original version a 10). And that happens to be just slightly above where the meta-ratings currently have for the game (GR at 78, MC at 77).

The problem is that GI has mostly had it out for the Wii since it could not publish previews of the console and its release games before it was released I don't know the details of the dispute or who was at fault, but it is apparent that GI has never gotten beyond it. Its editors have an anti-Wii bias (most of them did not inlcude SMG among their personal top 10 games of the year when it was released).

GI has a minority opinion. But it also thinks it is smarter than anyone else -- which it is not.

Mike from Morgantown

Neither did I. Maybe not everyone thought it was awesome? I reviewed a Harry Potter movie for a local newspaper once and got roasted for not liking it. How could I not like it? Its Harry Potter! Opinions. GotY awards also vary between different reviewers and sites, a good sign that they have different preferences. I'm not saying GI's review of this game is justified (allthough I think it might be) but stating that their dislike (or rather, lack of divine praise) for Galaxy as proof that they have a bias is a little strange to me. I didn't find Galaxy that awesome either to be honest but I've played other great games on the Wii (so obviously, they exist for me too).

Then again, I might be sick or something, I haven't liked most of the highest rated games of the past two years or so...

It's not justified, and it's easy to tell why.

Second, using the Wii Remote as a pointer for first-person shooters sucks.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Ahem, for those still discussing this shitty review why not read a good one :P

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/gamereviewdisp.php?id=39017

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Ahem, for those still discussing this shitty review why not read a good one :P

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/gamereviewdisp.php?id=39017

Hmmm... Indeed a good review. Is this a shameless plug? :D

The BuShA owns all!