By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameInformer: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Review gets 6.5/10

Yep. Using the Wii Remote to aim in a FPS sucks compared to an analog stick. Once again, Game Informer proves that they are in no way, shape, or form biased against the Wii.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
N.Genckel said:
"Second, using the Wii Remote as a pointer for first-person shooters sucks"

Faaaail! I stopped reading right there. The Wiimote is WASTLY superior to analog sticks for FPS aiming. Just because Reflex doesn't do it right, does NOT mean others can't and haven't.

Though Refllex actually does get it right.

Yea, I wouldn't know, I've just seen many people say it's a bit flaky.

Mummelmann said:
theRepublic said:
Mr Khan said:
SaviorX said:
Wow.
That review was almost as terrible as GamePro's review of The Conduit.

I just don't understand- if you hate the Wii ( which this guy OBVIOUSLY does) why the hell are you reviewing games for it? I would never want to go playing PC games and review them for a living.

He hates the Wiimote itself! He is also offended by the game's presence on the console. Add in the antediluvian screenshots and we have ourselves a troll.

Fuck this.

That's what it is, isn't it? Professional trolling. The only thing separating this guy from the people who get banned from forums all the time is that someone is paying him to do so.

Professional Trolling.

I love that phrase.  It is such a succinct way to describe video game journalism.

Only when talking about Wii reviews, mind you. Games that score low on HD consoles or PC had it coming, they're simply not that good.

No, only when said review contains blatent lies and half-truths.

I've learned to pause the game when I have to do those, same as with any game with a gamepad where taking my hands off would be a bad thing.

So I'm not denying the issue is there. It's just not a Wii only problem.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

^Scratch your nose with your nun-chuk hand.

Around the Network
hsrob said:
^Scratch your nose with your nun-chuk hand.

But that's the one he scratches his butt with...

Well I never played a Call of duty game before but I have The Conduit, Metroid prime 3, Halo 3, and Halo ODST. I admit I'm not ecstatic about wii's controls but they are not as bad as this guy says. It took like 5 minutes to get a control scheme I liked in The Conduit so I expect it wouldn't be any different for MWR.
Everyone I know admits wii fps controls aren't bad and they have ps3s or 360s.

@Kylie - here's an aiming stability pointer I learned from WaW - aim with your elbow on your leg. It'll stabilize the up/down, and you can use the elbow to roll left/right smoother.

KylieDog said:
It is a 2 year old port. Why are people expecting high scores? That alone should drop a few points.

Well, that would mean that Game Informer should have given it an 8 (they gave the original version a 10). And that happens to be just slightly above where the meta-ratings currently have for the game (GR at 78, MC at 77).

The problem is that GI has mostly had it out for the Wii since it could not publish previews of the console and its release games before it was released I don't know the details of the dispute or who was at fault, but it is apparent that GI has never gotten beyond it. Its editors have an anti-Wii bias (most of them did not inlcude SMG among their personal top 10 games of the year when it was released).

GI has a minority opinion. But it also thinks it is smarter than anyone else -- which it is not.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
KylieDog said:
It is a 2 year old port. Why are people expecting high scores? That alone should drop a few points.

Well, that would mean that Game Informer should have given it an 8 (they gave the original version a 10). And that happens to be just slightly above where the meta-ratings currently have for the game (GR at 78, MC at 77).

The problem is that GI has mostly had it out for the Wii since it could not publish previews of the console and its release games before it was released I don't know the details of the dispute or who was at fault, but it is apparent that GI has never gotten beyond it. Its editors have an anti-Wii bias (most of them did not inlcude SMG among their personal top 10 games of the year when it was released).

GI has a minority opinion. But it also thinks it is smarter than anyone else -- which it is not.

Mike from Morgantown

Neither did I. Maybe not everyone thought it was awesome? I reviewed a Harry Potter movie for a local newspaper once and got roasted for not liking it. How could I not like it? Its Harry Potter! Opinions. GotY awards also vary between different reviewers and sites, a good sign that they have different preferences. I'm not saying GI's review of this game is justified (allthough I think it might be) but stating that their dislike (or rather, lack of divine praise) for Galaxy as proof that they have a bias is a little strange to me. I didn't find Galaxy that awesome either to be honest but I've played other great games on the Wii (so obviously, they exist for me too).

Then again, I might be sick or something, I haven't liked most of the highest rated games of the past two years or so...