By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameInformer: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Review gets 6.5/10

who cares, i'll get the game anyway

and why do they use those pictures? we are not stupid, i've seen it in motion and looks great to me

i'll get it and see on my own, just because Cod3 and WaW for Wii are great!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Wait. Did WaW get a lot of used sales for the Wii version? I mean, a lot of Wii games don't get a lot of resales, and GI would have good reason not to praise them, since they are closely tied to Gamestop.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The review is exactly as I expected. Bad graphics poor control scheme's etc...etc.. I'm so glad I bought the first one on my 360 to begin with!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:

The review is exactly as I expected. Bad graphics poor control scheme's etc...etc.. I'm so glad I bought the first one on my 360 to begin with!

Except loads of other reviews contradict it, or gamers who aren't pro reviewers, but posted imporessions anyway. The bad control is just an outright lie according to them. And you shouldn't use this magazine for your opinions about Wii games. They rarely give the games good scores.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Joelcool7 said:

Except loads of other reviews contradict it, or gamers who aren't pro reviewers, but posted imporessions anyway. The bad control is just an outright lie according to them. And you shouldn't use this magazine for your opinions about Wii games. They rarely give the games good scores.

Just to add to this, there's 7 pages of the comments after the IGN 7/10 review with the vast majority of posters vehemently disagreeing with some of the facts that IGN used to justify the low score, including people who had played extensively on the 360 and PC versions. 

Around the Network
hsrob said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Joelcool7 said:

Just to add to this, there's 7 pages of the comments after the IGN 7/10 review with the vast majority of posters vehemently disagreeing with some of the facts that IGN used to justify the low score, including people who had played extensively on the 360 and PC versions. 

And I am among that same crowd, this is my third time owning the game in fact.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

from someone who has it on PS3 and on Wii.

I must say the Wii controls are good. Graphically you cannot compare it to PS3 but the fanboy fag that this guy is put those shitty old screens do not represent the game on how it looks.

I have had no control issues or frame rate issues like some of these hardcore wii hating sites have you believe.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
hsrob said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Joelcool7 said:

And I am among that same crowd, this is my third time owning the game in fact.

Which is great for me because it's these people who I am interested to hear from. I have played the game a bit on the PC, but my PC died so now i've been considering whether or not I should pick this up on the Wii.

2 bad no decent review site has rated it above 70

There is a reason why Infinity Ward didn't want to make the port themselves, because they knew it would suck.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

That is just terrible. So, basically, it's an enjoyable game, and equal to the original in terms of quality, but:

-IT ISN'T IN HD
-IT HAS WAGGLE

6.5/10

This is one of those rare occasions where a Wii game gets a low score actually BECAUSE it's on Wii. But then all of GameInformer's reviews suck.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective