By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review New Super Mario Bros. Wii

A+ from 1up guys!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
mortono said:
Is he really whining about there not being online?

Not whining. Lamenting.

I cannot believe the Nintendo fanboys saying online is no issue. It is a HUGE issue, overall im not buying this game anymore, just have to wait for Galaxy 2 then.

rafichamp said:
I cannot believe the Nintendo fanboys saying online is no issue. It is a HUGE issue, overall im not buying this game anymore, just have to wait for Galaxy 2 then.

1) NSMBWii was anounced from the very beginning that it wouldn't have online, so I'm shocked you are so slow to make this HUGE decision.

2) Galaxy 2 won't have online either.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

rafichamp said:

Really?  You don't have any friends who can come over to your house and play the game with you?  Honestly Online would of been cool and I would of liked it but this is just the type of game that is much better suited for local multiplayer, online would of been a nice bonus though.  Plus the game is probably very good on single player alone too.

Around the Network

Never believe anything IGN says. The cunts really think they have the final say in the gaming universe. And they loooove FPS, rehashed WWII games, and mediocre RPGS.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

This is why reviews are stupid, the game isn't meant to have online multiplayer, get over it, and gamespot is like it doesn't have classic controller support, hello its meant to be played by a wiimote, ridiculous

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

--OkeyDokey-- said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Does anyone actually care that NSMBWii doesn't have online? I'm genuinely wondering, here.

I have the game, and I do. I don't think I'll ever find 3 other people to play this with locally and LBP has proven that online would work in a platformer.

8.9-9.2 sounds about right for me so far. I expected higher than that from IGN considering the scores they've given other Wii exclusives.

Yes it will work in a platformer, a slower paced platformer that has a lot more puzzles than precise jumps that you'd have to coordinate with others to make.  It could be there, but would it work?

Works with fighing games and they're more reliant on timing and precision than Mario.

It's a legitimate complaint, guys. If you don't care about online then don't let it bother you, but this is 2009 and it's expected.

No its not expected, the point is for social gaming, that requires LAN, online defeats the point, and is irrelevant

Most people have friends and family to play with and prefer to play in groups face to face, the minority is the fringe hardcore who wants to play online

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Opa-Opa said:
Never believe anything IGN says. The cunts really think they have the final say in the gaming universe.

That's true of all critics, especially critics who really want to be making the product they're critiqueing. In IGN's case, Bozon moonlights as a dev, and Cassamassina almost certainly wants to be one. Just take that in mind, and you'll be fine.

Or better yet, just acknowledge that what the game critics want is different from what you want, which lets you safely ignore their opinions.

Stephlereff said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Does anyone actually care that NSMBWii doesn't have online? I'm genuinely wondering, here.

Yes i care alot and anybody that is not a teenager should care alot too.

Why? I have friends to play with, why should I want to play with a bunch of strangers online?