By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review New Super Mario Bros. Wii

My next gaming purchase. This score means nothing to me!

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Stephlereff said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Does anyone actually care that NSMBWii doesn't have online? I'm genuinely wondering, here.

Yes i care alot and anybody that is not a teenager should care alot too.

Why? I have friends to play with, why should I want to play with a bunch of strangers online?

Because lots of folks don't have gamer friends who live nearby. It's a problem I share for certain titles. Not for this one though. I don't even talk to people who won't play Mario.

I don't give a crap about there being no online. Me and my housemates are looking forward to playing this.

why the hell would you want online in SMG2?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well who cares what IGN thinks, the game is still going to be amazing fun and sell boatloads

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
why the hell would you want online in SMG2?

SMG2 is coming out next year

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

burgerstein said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Does anyone actually care that NSMBWii doesn't have online? I'm genuinely wondering, here.

I have the game, and I do. I don't think I'll ever find 3 other people to play this with locally and LBP has proven that online would work in a platformer.

8.9-9.2 sounds about right for me so far. I expected higher than that from IGN considering the scores they've given other Wii exclusives.

Bolded is a load of crap. The two games play completely differently.

OT: They should also dock some points for it not being 3D.

LBP showing that online works in a platformer....is a load of crap?

BMaker11 said:
burgerstein said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

I have the game, and I do. I don't think I'll ever find 3 other people to play this with locally and LBP has proven that online would work in a platformer.

8.9-9.2 sounds about right for me so far. I expected higher than that from IGN considering the scores they've given other Wii exclusives.

Bolded is a load of crap. The two games play completely differently.

OT: They should also dock some points for it not being 3D.

LBP showing that online works in a platformer....is a load of crap?

Yes, since LBP does not play like NSMB

I've got the game pre-ordered already and I'm not really much for online but this is one title where I would diffenently used it's online feature to play with my friends, my nephew, my daughter and my girlfriends son (when they're not over).

Playing with strangers though, especially without Wii Speak (which few would have) is really no different to me than playing with/against CPU. Don't miss it.

Sempuukyaku said:
In my eyes, IGN Wii takes some serious credibility hits if they dock the game because it doesn't have a feature they want. That's just blatant lobbyism instead of serious game critique.

It's not really a "feature they want" rather than a "industry-standard feature"

It's like COD:reflex not having mic support.