By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review New Super Mario Bros. Wii

theprof00 said:
Sempuukyaku said:
In my eyes, IGN Wii takes some serious credibility hits if they dock the game because it doesn't have a feature they want. That's just blatant lobbyism instead of serious game critique.

It's not really a "feature they want" rather than a "industry-standard feature"

It's like COD:reflex not having mic support.

It all sounds like a damage control to me, nobody cares about online because it's mario. Whatever, I still think it should have been included whatever you care or not. Also, mentioning that people who want online don't have friends to play with, is laughable. It all sounds like kids call each others losers, than anything else.

Around the Network

Some of these criticisms towards IGN are seriously painful to read.

Yes, you think its not a big deal there is no multiplayer. They think it is. I'm glad everyone has opinions and they are entitled to their own.

It's an 8.9 people. Christ.

^agreed
someone told me that I want online because I don't have friends (about 1 month ago).
I LOL'd.

theprof00 said:
Sempuukyaku said:
In my eyes, IGN Wii takes some serious credibility hits if they dock the game because it doesn't have a feature they want. That's just blatant lobbyism instead of serious game critique.

It's not really a "feature they want" rather than a "industry-standard feature"

It's like COD:reflex not having mic support.

Here's the problem with that, it's been known now for 6 months that this game is not going to have online multiplayer. So for them to still lament about that fact in the review instead of review the game for how it actually plays is again....lobbyism. They've made no compelling argument that the gameplay stands to benefit from adding online at all, only that the game gets a reduced score because it doesn't have it. Should we ding games like Metroid Prime trilogy because it doesn't have online either?

Ingenious level design, smooth frame rates (which would suffer from online play), and tight controls for a 2D game should be "industry-standard fare". Everything else is extra. When a game gets a hit because of the lack of an "extra" even though the essentials are nailed perfectly...it's lobbyism. Sorry.

Modest graphics? WTF? And anyone with some common sense can see that on-line platforming is simply not yet possible. Great score, though.

Around the Network

I'm not sure if this was stated before, but in the closing comments, they said that its a much better game the NSMB ds, but NSMB ds got a 9.5, and they only gave NSMBwii an 8.9, this is why I dont like IGN

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

NSMBWii doesn't have online because NSMBWii 2 will be a title for the next Nintendo console and guess what, it will feature online co-op.

Same thing for Wii Sports Resort. It doesn't have online, why???? Because Wii Sports 3, a kickass ground breaking social gaming title will have online multiplayer.

routsounmanman said:
Modest graphics? WTF? And anyone with some common sense can see that on-line platforming is simply not yet possible. Great score, though.

Splosion Man for XBLA says hi.

I expected an 8.5.

don't care for online (Adds +1)

9.9!!! Awesome score!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069