By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FOX News : MW2 allows 8 Year olds to become TERRORISTS!!!

sega4life said:

So what do shows like CSI make 8yr olds like? How to not get caught after you kill someone?

I mean if the parents buy a child an M rated game, they must let them watch those kind of shows.

word

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

really? sweet! MW2 is easy enough to find but where does one go to find 8 year olds to turn into my own personal militia?

Barozi said:

Germany to Censor Modern Warfare 2

"Germany is known to be a not-so-friendly country towards mature rated titles. So them dipping their paws in the anticipated game to deliberately keep their citizens away from pixelated violence, isn’t surprising. The German version will still include the controversial level, but if players decide to pull the trigger on the controller and kill a civilian, a type of gamer over screen will appear and the person will be forced to ‘retry’ the level."

http://www.slashgamer.com/2009/11/09/germany-to-censor-modern-warfare-2/

How do players complete the level then? Run around with a machine gun until the Police show up?

coolbeans said:
Very disappointed for you to go out of your way with the whole Fixed News thing, darth. The day the media gets how the blaming process works with video games is the day hell freezes over.

That was from the original. If darth had written it, it would have a lot more randomly capitalized words.

@kylie - Very true there, I know a lot of people who bought their kids the game, or bought it for themselves and let their kids play too. I dont think it makes them want to be a terrorist, but at the same time, its kind of a touchy topic, especially between 9/11, Iraq/Afghan wars, and now the recent shooting at Ft Hood. Its sort of like someone stepping on your broken foot, so there's a lot of negativity.

As a dev, I think it was a bit overboard of them, and makes me question the integrity of the devs at IW.

Around the Network
indodude said:
Barozi said:

Germany to Censor Modern Warfare 2

"Germany is known to be a not-so-friendly country towards mature rated titles. So them dipping their paws in the anticipated game to deliberately keep their citizens away from pixelated violence, isn’t surprising. The German version will still include the controversial level, but if players decide to pull the trigger on the controller and kill a civilian, a type of gamer over screen will appear and the person will be forced to ‘retry’ the level."

http://www.slashgamer.com/2009/11/09/germany-to-censor-modern-warfare-2/

How do players complete the level then? Run around with a machine gun until the Police show up?

Exactly

I'm glad that I have the UK version.

well the AI was freaking dumb so they had it coming

There really needs to be more mainstream knowledge of video-games.
Video games do not, for the most part, exist for us to live vicariously through them. They are puzzles. Obstacles presented in interesting and sometimes profoundly spiritual ways are the basis for all games.
MW2 does not ALLOW people to become terrorists. It shows them the reality of this already far too heavily Purell drenched country.

PullusPardus said:
well the AI was freaking dumb so they had it coming

The AI is freaking dumb in real life, too.

If it is the airport level, I can see people getting upset. That level is very disturbing. But, I believe it works to advance the story. You are also told to turn it off, if you would be offended. The level fits the storyline, so people need to understand the point of a game narrative.