By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FOX News : MW2 allows 8 Year olds to become TERRORISTS!!!

indodude said:
Barozi said:

Germany to Censor Modern Warfare 2

"Germany is known to be a not-so-friendly country towards mature rated titles. So them dipping their paws in the anticipated game to deliberately keep their citizens away from pixelated violence, isn’t surprising. The German version will still include the controversial level, but if players decide to pull the trigger on the controller and kill a civilian, a type of gamer over screen will appear and the person will be forced to ‘retry’ the level."

http://www.slashgamer.com/2009/11/09/germany-to-censor-modern-warfare-2/

How do players complete the level then? Run around with a machine gun until the Police show up?

Odds are you can't select it to play.  It is automatically set to censored, and you don't see it.  It is a disturbing level, disturbing in a way that advances the game plot.  I won't go into the details, because I don't need this to become a spoiler.

Around the Network

Does anyone sane ever listen to the batcrazy Glenn Beck channel anyway?

What was so bad about the opening? I really never noticed. Also I really enjoyed the airport level. I love the riot shields haha.

too many people do. Or at least they do a very convincing job of making us think that a lot of people do. Must be that grassroots corporation DCI behind it.

richardhutnik said:
If it is the airport level, I can see people getting upset. That level is very disturbing. But, I believe it works to advance the story. You are also told to turn it off, if you would be offended. The level fits the storyline, so people need to understand the point of a game narrative.

Video games are suffering from the new media is evil syndrome that plagued comic books a few decades ago.  The difference is that comic books suffered in popularity because of that and are for the most part very niche now whereas video games seemed to actually became more popular because of it.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
richardhutnik said:
If it is the airport level, I can see people getting upset. That level is very disturbing. But, I believe it works to advance the story. You are also told to turn it off, if you would be offended. The level fits the storyline, so people need to understand the point of a game narrative.

Video games are suffering from the new media is evil syndrome that plagued comic books a few decades ago.  The difference is that comic books suffered in popularity because of that and are for the most part very niche now whereas video games seemed to actually became more popular because of it.

I'm sorry, but graphic novels and comic books are much larger than they've ever been.

This is hype

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

coolbeans said:
Uraeus said:
Does anyone sane ever listen to the batcrazy Glenn Beck channel anyway?

*Raises hand* While sure his yelling at the camera is too much, at least somebody's questioning what the president is doing besides his NCAA tournament draft board.  I guess I like to be stickler for where my money and my relative's money is being used and if it's being used wisely, go figure right?

I hope you're joking.

Glenn Beck raped and killed a girl in 1990.

richardhutnik said:
indodude said:
Barozi said:

Germany to Censor Modern Warfare 2

"Germany is known to be a not-so-friendly country towards mature rated titles. So them dipping their paws in the anticipated game to deliberately keep their citizens away from pixelated violence, isn’t surprising. The German version will still include the controversial level, but if players decide to pull the trigger on the controller and kill a civilian, a type of gamer over screen will appear and the person will be forced to ‘retry’ the level."

http://www.slashgamer.com/2009/11/09/germany-to-censor-modern-warfare-2/

How do players complete the level then? Run around with a machine gun until the Police show up?

Odds are you can't select it to play.  It is automatically set to censored, and you don't see it.  It is a disturbing level, disturbing in a way that advances the game plot.  I won't go into the details, because I don't need this to become a spoiler.

Of course you can select it through the mission select menu. Have you even read my first post ?

Gotta love ignorance.