By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FOX News : MW2 allows 8 Year olds to become TERRORISTS!!!

MW2 allows 8yr olds to become terrorists says Fox News

The media's at it again, blaming video games for society's woes. This time the target is Modern Warfare 2, particularly the scene which allows the player to be a terrorist in order to convince the enemy that he is indeed trust worthy. Fox Fixed News doesn't see it that way, in fact on their morning show Fox and Friends, co-host Steve Doocy interviewed two guys, one defending the game, the other trying to prove why it's too violent.

There was no clear dialogue between the men, just mostly noise with Steve Doocy aiding the guy who's against the tilte. They asked whether or not the right protocols were in place to keep this "violent" game out of the hands of children, to which the defender replied.

"All the right protocols are in place, the game clearly has the 'M' for mature rating and Retailers have this one under control." He also noted that it was advertised heavily as a game that should be played by mature audiences only, and parents are well aware that such a title should not be bought for under age children. However, his explanation wasn't enough for Steve Doocy.

"Yeah, this game allows 8yr olds to become terrorists."

The guy defending the title shook his head in disgust at the statement the morning show host had just made. I sat down with my mouth dropped as I looked at the TV screen. Note, I don't normally watch Fox Fixed News at all; this was just coincidence this morning. But who's surprised? That News network has a reputation for reporting fallacies anyway; I'll leave them to Keith Olberman.

Watch the replay at 9:00am Eastern.

http://gamesthirstarticles.blogspot.com/2009/11/mw2-allows-8yr-olds-to-become.html

LOL @ People

seriously some people want to just believe Video Games are bad!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Played the intro mission and I can see why it is causing all this controversy.

Jon: That's ridiculous! You're not a terrorist! It's pixelated violence! You're not a terrorist!

http://kotaku.com/5402067/modern-warfare-2-on-fox--friends

Riachu said:

Well, the intro mission is not really what's causing the controversey... Go in a few more missions, you're not in doubt when you see it.

@Rainbird

what theres something more controversial than the intro mission ROFL ROFL ROFL??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Riachu said:

Ditto, but c'mon, everyone is so fricking emotional over things like this. We shoot 3D objects in video games because for some reason it's fun, but you won't see me around in the street trying to do the same thing! And like he said, the game is M for Mature for a reason, and education starts right from the family place.

We know it can happen in real life, but that's exactly why we can see this from another perspective. What's forcing them to do it, try to understand the cause, etc.. I'm not saying it's good, but in someone else's mind these things happen. It's pretty freaky. Can it be as bad as GTA, where you have the choice to go on a killing spree?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Video games are meant to let us do stuff we can't do in real life.

Now I really want to play the terrorist.

Video game or real life...hmm?

i think its more of parents letting 8 year olds become terrorist not mw2 its rated M so just dont buy the game if you dont feel comfortable with your kids playing it...

darthdevidem01 said:
@Rainbird

what theres something more controversial than the intro mission ROFL ROFL ROFL??

Lol, I think the terrorist mission is the third or fourth mission.

Its true, you do play a terrorist and kill innocent people in an airport for no reason, and its very detailed may I add

mM