By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

b0ub0u said:
LOL I can't believe I am reading 7 pages of people comparing the graphics between games.. and not once anyone said anything about the framerate.

Guys... you have to realize that this game run at a constant 60 fps... Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 both run at 30 fps. So COD is the clear winner here. BY FAR. I just cannot play a first person shooter at 30 fps. It manage to have all those details.. and still run at a contant 60 fps... this is truly a great accomplishment from Infinity Ward. I wish more companies would do the same. But no... because the most majority of people don't give a damn about framerate. They are satisfied with their below 30 fps GTA IV. LOL. There is no reason for a game to be bellow 60 fps. Anyway it is clear that some people do not see the difference...

And don't call me a fanboy because I won't even be buying Modern Warfare 2, as I only play first person shooters on my PC. I may get it on PC eventually.

30 fps is fine.. less than that, and it starts to take away from the game.

Around the Network

Selnor.

Have you actually played MW2 yourself, all the way through?

Have you played Uncharted 2, all the way through?

Have you played Killzone 2, all the way through?

Errr... we comparing the PC version of MW2 to the console versions? That's the only way I can see that MW2's graphics are superior to Killzone 2. On PC it looks amazing, not so much on the consoles from what I've seen.

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
So is this gonna be one of thoe games that go down as the reviewers are wrong and VGChartz users are right?

Are you really saying that because one or two reviews rated it higher than Killzone 2 that that is now the final word? You have to be joking...

Graphically, it doesn't compete with Killzone 2, not at all. It's texture resolution alone is not even up to snuff with Killzone 2, nevermind the particle effects, post processing, deferred rendering, lighting and physics. Not even close.

No not at all. Over a metacritics look through the 31 reviews so far. Theres at least 10 reviewers majorly on the graphics. From what I played the effects were stunning. Cant wait till I can afford to buy it myself. The action was at Halos level, with amazing visuals and effects. Loved it.

IGN scores for Graphics:

UC2: 10, 10, 10
KZ2: 10, 10, 9.5
MW2: 10, 9.5, 9.0

Around the Network
golfgt170 said:
IGN scores for Graphics:

UC2: 10, 10, 10
KZ2: 10, 10, 9.5
MW2: 10, 9.5, 9.0

Well, there we have it.

Seeing that this thread is based on reviews... IGN overall thinks...

Uncharted 2 > Killzone 2 > Modern Warfare 2.

selnor said:

Are you kidding? I dont get Sony fans sometimes. Many of you are great to talk to, and reasonable. But some will turn even a 3rd party game into a console war. I agree with the media it is stunning. And the best looking FPS to come out. IMO the smoke effects look better. And I'm not the only one. Shouldnt PS3 fans also be praising the game? No Naughty Dog didnt make it, nor did GG. Doesnt mean it cant look better. You do realise it's on PS3 to right?

Of course you don't get Sony fans, and can't even grasp who is or is not one.  I know this, because I am not one (I can be argued to be a 360 partisan, if anything). And the fact that you say this, shows you are a shameless partisan fanboy with an agenda.  Your posting history shows this.  And I didn't reply about graphic quality, just smoke effects.  KZ2 does them better, period.  Of course, you read this as my trashing MW2.  I was commenting about the video you posted, and nothing more.  But, you can't see it.

Because of your partisan nature, and your agenda, your opinions are suspect, and need to be taken with the lost shaker of salt from the Jimmy Buffett Song "Margaritaville":

not a chance in hell it would beat Killzone. you should try that game to see yourself.

edit: and i mean graphically before you guys leave me with only bones for saying that.

Killzone might have better graphics, but from what I have seen Modern Warfare looks better

dsister44 said:
Killzone might have better graphics, but from what I have seen Modern Warfare looks better

Art style and environments rendered, or raw horsepower?  Helghast SUCKS as far as being a pleasant environment goes.  Pleasant environments generally look better.