By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Visceral Games:"Shame no one bought DS:Extraction, Wii support reconsidered

IMO Their biggest mistake was that they didnt do any TV ads; here in america at least. If they did, then they would have gotten possibly Madworld numbers.

Around the Network
Sherlock99 said:
i'm just waiting for a price drop, i'm not paying $50 for a rail shooter

but you'd pay 50$ for NSMBW? Considering that game probably had about a 5th of the development time, a much easier to program engine, and significantly less polish, I bet it would totally be worth 50$.

Its worth about  15.99$.

Red4ADevil said:
IMO Their biggest mistake was that they didnt do any TV ads; here in america at least. If they did, then they would have gotten possibly Madworld numbers.

Yeah I mean, there wasn't any advertising or hype going on *at all*. If I hadn't known about the game through game-related websites, I wouldn't have known it even existed. How can anyone compare it to, or expect it to do numbers similar to the original Dead Space? :s

Why not go and make a truly AAA game that's not some sort of niche title, and get a big fat budget, advertise the hell out of it, THEN if it doesn't sell reconsider support. Seriously.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Mr_Power said:
Sherlock99 said:

but you'd pay 50$ for NSMBW? Considering that game probably had about a 5th of the development time, a much easier to program engine, and significantly less polish, I bet it would totally be worth 50$.

Its worth about  15.99$.

Sounds about right.  $50 for NSMBW and $15.99 for DSE.  It's rare to see anyone put anywhere near as much polish on as Nintendo for Wii game, and I am sure it will be more than a 6 hour experience.

They also know how to price an on rails shooter.  Their only one being Link's Cross Bow training, and that's $19.99 but includes an accessory!

hmmm must buy this some time.

Around the Network
Mr_Power said:
Sherlock99 said:

Its worth about  15.99$.

Well that makes sense, if you think that development time, difficulty of engine coding, and polish are what make "value to the average consumer of interactive entertainment."  But people care about one thing: fun.  Jumping around in 2-D with friends and enemies is fun.  Pointing at enemies and pressing a button while a camera pulls you down a hallway, is also fun, but not at the same price.

If we all bought games based on development time, then when Duke Nukem Forever gets released in 2012 and blows up the planet, it will sell about 4 billion copies based on development time alone.

The problem is they released an awesome game on a system which has a userbase that only buys games with Wii, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and Lego in the title.

They should have named the game Lego Dead Space Hero Wii... instant million seller!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Mr_Power said:
Sherlock99 said:

Its worth about  15.99$.

Well that makes sense, if you think that development time, difficulty of engine coding, and polish are what make "value to the average consumer of interactive entertainment."  But people care about one thing: fun.  Jumping around in 2-D with friends and enemies is fun.  Pointing at enemies and pressing a button while a camera pulls you down a hallway, is also fun, but not at the same price.

If we all bought games based on development time, then when Duke Nukem Forever gets released in 2012 and blows up the planet, it will sell about 4 billion copies based on development time alone.

Duke Nukem Forever's gonna get released in 2012? OMG!! :o

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Yeah, don't you know what's gonna happen with the game finally comes out? Google "2012."

the major problem is big stores have floods of shit wii games and the good ones have likw 1 or 2 copies on shelf hidden behind them.

Nintendo needs to step in here and stop this flood of crap on shelves. There should be a limit of 3 of each game on shelf and the rest out the back if someone wants it.

This way the real games could have some sort of chance in being seen.

I do not need to see 100copies of cooking mama or something along those lines.