By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Visceral Games:"Shame no one bought DS:Extraction, Wii support reconsidered

Yeah even the self proclaimed "hardcore" gamers I know never even heard this game.

Those of us game enthusiasts who would be in the market for a "core" game on the Wii also have to wipe the stigma of "On Rails" shooter as well as "Spin Off" of a second rate(though highly rate talking sales wise here) "Third Person Shooter".

Finally the game just does not look that great I would say uninspired even but I shall rent it one day when I get around to it.

Around the Network

When this was announced, many Wii owners said they didn't want another on rails shooter.  They obviously were not paying attention if they thought people would settle for another on rails shooter.  I picked up RE: UC because there wasn't much else, but now I have way more than enough good options, that there is no reason to settle for "guided" shooters.  Maybe I'll get it when it's sub $20, maybe not.

BTW: Madword was also a good lesson in that not a lot of Wii owners are willing to pay $50 for a 6 hour game.

PS: Neogaf is broke.  Was reading the article there, but now all I get is 500 - Internal server errors.    Haven't seen anything like that happen here in a long time, especially where it wasn't fixed within a few minutes, and it's already been more than a few minutes.

If cost is an issue not to buy this game I've just noticed Amazon.co.uk is selling it at £17.99. A £22 saving off th RRP. It's a shame the sales have been poor but I'm sure they'll pick up closer to Christmas.

GAF is always down for a bit once NPD digits go up...

Ok from now on I don't want to hear Wii owners bitch about not getting good third party support like the 360 and PS3 owners get. Because the sales of this game and many other good third party games is the reason why you don't. You deserve games like EA sports active and carnival games ect, because you buy it.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Around the Network

I'm going to buy it in November, this season is quite packed.

big_boss said:
Ok from now on I don't want to hear Wii owners bitch about not getting good third party support like the 360 and PS3 owners get. Because the sales of this game and many other good third party games is the reason why you don't. You deserve games like EA sports active and carnival games ect, because you buy it.

Get off your high horse, dude.  Why do you even care, first of all... and second, you're not the arbiter of what games get put on Wii and don't.  Get over yourself.

i'm just waiting for a price drop, i'm not paying $50 for a rail shooter

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

big_boss said:

Many good games don't sell as well as they should. The question is if the games are niche games like MadWorld, No More Heroes and Zak And Wiki. With little to know TV advertising basic internet banner ads and not so much support.

The conduit was a game that had support but it also appears that Sega backed the wrong horse on that one.

One thing about DS:extraction is that this game was yet another test. I think many "gamer news" aware wii owners are sick of "tests". Company X makes a game that is a port or a game they put little effort into and they try to increase sales by saying its a test. Hey guys buy this game and then we will give you a real core game and so forth. BTW we aren't gonna advertse this game because we don't want to spend the budget on a game we know won't sell.

I have been critical of this game since it came out. It was obviously and still appears to be a cheap spin off. It doesn't even look that good from what i have seen of it.

big_boss said:

Yeah well I like better games than you do, so go suck a turd!

Hey everybody I got him!  High fives!