By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Visceral Games:"Shame no one bought DS:Extraction, Wii support reconsidered

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Ari_Gold said:
Quality does not sell very well on the wii

Actually Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Zelda, World of Goo, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Resident Evil, Tiger woods, and Metroid Prime begs to differ.

^ This post actually exemplifies why quality doesnt sell on the wii. Theres only a handfull of games in three years where as the 360/PS3 get a great game that sells well on average every second week

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Daileon said:
inverted3reality said:
Why is this a surpirsed?

Muramasa: The Demon Blade 130k sales
Mad World 310k sales
cursed mountain 50k sales
The Conduit 270k sales
No More Heroes 470k sales
Little Kings Story 120k sales

I know this isn't all of them, but its some of the 3rd party core games for the wii, the most successful being 470k sales, and that's from a legendary developer and a game that appeals to anime kids who probably have a wii.

You knew there was little to no market for non first party core games on the wii and I'm not sure what they were expecting. Dead space was successful on the hd consoles because that is where that audience is, why they did this I'll never know. I guess it was an attempt to make a lot of money off their existing Ip with a cheap game to produce, but seriously, lame marketing didn't help you out either.

Reviews don't matter if your user base has been proven to not buy core 3rd party games. Stick to making wii fit spinoffs and you'll be rolling in cash EA, stop making a fool of yourself.

Dead Space WASN'T successful on the HD consoles according to EA, and you can't blame marketing on this.

Huh ...? I remember them complaining about piracy but at 1.5 million not counting PC sales I think it did alright. Maybe it didn't meet their expectations but it must have been successful if they're continuing the franchise.

I remember they complaining about Mirror's Edge and Dead Space sales.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

still waiting to see what third party non nintendo non casual games sell well on the wii. No more heroes is the top seller.

I guess the only ones are house of the dead and resident evil.

Dark Chaos said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Ari_Gold said:
Quality does not sell very well on the wii

Actually Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Zelda, World of Goo, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Resident Evil, Tiger woods, and Metroid Prime begs to differ.

^ This post actually exemplifies why quality doesnt sell on the wii. Theres only a handfull of games in three years where as the 360/PS3 get a great game that sells well on average every second week

A random sample of games is not a definitive list, you moron.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

mrjuju said:
Executive 1: Hey Bob, we just received the latest numbers for the sales of our Wii game.

Bob: You mean the game we sunk very little money into, regarded as a massive liability, routinely insulted the userbase for, and refused outright to advertise in any way, shape or form?

Executive 1: That'll be her.

Bob: How does it look? Mad, mad monies?

Executive 1: Hmm..it would seem it hasn't sold at all! Its almost like the users are completely unaware of its existence.

Bob: Or perhaps they are finally upset enough with the lack of effort we are putting into these games that they are outright ignoring us.

Executive 1: That can't be it, obviously the userbase for the Wii is to casual for our amazing game, we should stop trying to win them over and instead continue to insult their intelligence by stating that "tests" have been failed, and that we wont work with them any more.

Bob: Sounds good to me!

This game was in Nintendos E3 conference as one of the big third party games. Try again

Lack of effort. Last time I checked its getting 83 on Metacritic. Far from a fail. Try again

IGN

Extraction isn’t like its 360 brother, but it is a true Dead Space experience, and the game is not only packed with content, but also very polished.

GameSpot

This story-focused on-rails shooter is a worthy follow-up to Dead Space that delivers the same sorts of thrills, chills, and kills, but in a whole new way.

Face it. The wii is mainly bought by casual owners who don't look at reviews

Around the Network
inverted3reality said:
still waiting to see what third party non nintendo non casual games sell well on the wii. No more heroes is the top seller.

I guess the only ones are house of the dead and resident evil.

I'm still waiting to see what non-FPS, European-developed games with blue covers and a monkey protagonist sell on the HD consoles. I can't think of a single one. Obviously good games don't sell on the HD consoles!!

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

sale are not good because
-nany on rail on wii and the only one who realy sell very good is house of dead 2/3
-on rail shooter is not a noble genre * it an rail rail!!! i read it all the time*
-dead space excration of on third person wiew were only RE 4 wii wha dated for 2 year...
-no ads and dead space is an new IP people are not medium.
-very short * but 8 hours il very food for and on rail game*
-killing by RE darkside who is spinoff to old IP and the week bedfore remeasong they was namu video. And this game is more goodlooking.

But is not the end ajusted princes, chrismas, the classic long selling wii game.

Dark Chaos said:

This game was in Nintendos E3 conference as one of the big third party games. Try again

Lack of effort. Last time I checked its getting 83 on Metacritic. Far from a fail. Try again

IGN

Extraction isn’t like its 360 brother, but it is a true Dead Space experience, and the game is not only packed with content, but also very polished.

GameSpot

This story-focused on-rails shooter is a worthy follow-up to Dead Space that delivers the same sorts of thrills, chills, and kills, but in a whole new way.

Face it. The wii is mainly bought by casual owners who don't look at reviews an only buy based on the cover of the game most of the time.

Are you seriously using review scores as proof that something should be a successful product?

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Dark Chaos said:

IGN

GameSpot

Face it. The wii is mainly bought by casual owners who don't look at reviews an only buy based on the cover of the game most of the time.

Are you seriously using review scores as proof that something should be a successful product?

We are talking about quality games that sell well on the Wii. And yes reviewers scores are generally correct unless you think Dirt 2 reviews for the Wii are totally wrong

Oh my...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D