By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Visceral Games:"Shame no one bought DS:Extraction, Wii support reconsidered

"Who decides if a game is objectively good or quality?"

There are some points, like proper coding and responsive and unobtrusive gameplay. But those are just parts of it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I knew this game was gonna tank a long time ago.  I just bought in the TRU deal, but EA shouldn't have made it a Light-Gu... err... "Guided 1st-person Experience" to begin with.

I think getting more core games selling is something Nintendo will have to work on with Wii 2.

The Wii is in some ways a test run for Wii 2 I think, they needed the Wii to reinvigorate their brand. Next gen with third party support from day 1, they should have an easier go of it.

That said, Dead Space wasn't a big seller on the 360 to begin with, and odds are a lot of fans were not pleased with the decision to make a on-rails spin off of the franchise either.

I have a feeling Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles will sell a lot better.

Isnt that game on X360 exclusively?

Ok, just joking....

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I won't buy an on-rails shooter no matter how good it is. Third parties need to figure out that Wii owners aren't retards. We can move and shoot at the same time >_>

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
vlad321 said:
I'll be honest.... it's an on-rails shooter. I'll go put in a quarter or two at the local arcade for those, but I'm looking for something more when it comes to gaming.

It's not an arcade shooter. It's more similar to Fahrenheit than to House of the Dead really.

That actually might be a point against it. It slows the pace more than reasable for this kind of genre. And not skipping cut scenes is just a bad move.

But games like this are the best in the genre!  The slow, plodding pace is what made me fall in love with RE:UC.  I know I'm going to enjoy this game.

I'll say this again too...

Resident Evil: Deadside Chronicles will rape this game in sales come November.

Messageboards everywhere exploded with negative comments when it was announced this game was an on-rails game. What did they expect?

I wouldn't buy it either if I was a Wii only owner. First off Wii only owners probably haven't played Dead Space. And second it's not a proper third person shooter like Dead Space.

Why is this a surpirsed?

Muramasa: The Demon Blade 130k sales
Mad World 310k sales
cursed mountain 50k sales
The Conduit 270k sales
No More Heroes 470k sales
Little Kings Story 120k sales

I know this isn't all of them, but its some of the 3rd party core games for the wii, the most successful being 470k sales, and that's from a legendary developer and a game that appeals to anime kids who probably have a wii.

You knew there was little to no market for non first party core games on the wii and I'm not sure what they were expecting. Dead space was successful on the hd consoles because that is where that audience is, why they did this I'll never know. I guess it was an attempt to make a lot of money off their existing Ip with a cheap game to produce, but seriously, lame marketing didn't help you out either.

Reviews don't matter if your user base has been proven to not buy core 3rd party games. Stick to making wii fit spinoffs and you'll be rolling in cash EA, stop making a fool of yourself.