By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Visceral Games:"Shame no one bought DS:Extraction, Wii support reconsidered

Mr_Power said:
Sherlock99 said:
i'm just waiting for a price drop, i'm not paying $50 for a rail shooter

but you'd pay 50$ for NSMBW? Considering that game probably had about a 5th of the development time, a much easier to program engine, and significantly less polish, I bet it would totally be worth 50$.

Its worth about  15.99$.

Boy, you fail so hard I had to create an account just to post this.

Really, let's compare an 5 hours or something kind of story oriented on rails shooter, wich is by the way a crowded genre, with low replay value with what could come to be the best 2D mario ever. With multiplayer. That's bound to be a good idea. DS:E is a nice little game, but NSMBW is such a potential masterpiece that DS:E sucks by comparsion.

The engine is easy to program? Well, the level design is bound to be masterfull. Also, so what? You mean if anyone makes a game that is really, really hard to program but plays like crap I should pay a lot for that instead of buying a great game that has a simpler engine? Right.

You equal production value to shiny 3D graphics with mature style, you're obviously a moron. Even your name says it all.

Around the Network

it might be an awesome game but i dont play my wii much anymore, if it were ps3 i woulda said hells yea

trestres said:
October 19, 2009 by The News Team Filed Under: Wii

The following comes from a Visceral Games staffer, who happened to be posting on GAF...

It is a shame nobody bought this. As much as everyone made fun of Frank Gibeau's "experiment" it will actually influence the SKU plan with respect to the Wii just like he said in his interview.

I really don't get why people are avoiding this game. Does no one read the reviews or check out the footage? This is an absolutely fantastic game. There's no other on-rails shooter that comes even close to what this project pulled off. Please, leave a comment and let me know why you shied away from the title. It looks like Wii fans are going to miss out on anything like this from EA in the future.

Link

I guess it's a shame Wii owners are not buying everything that is thrown out as a test.

Yes...because every time quality games come out, you guys don't buy them. So when a developer knows they're taking a risk, they let the consumers know. Then, it turns out that the product is quality, and not just some shovelware, and you guys still don't buy.

It really is a shame, because you've failed all the "tests" so far. 3rd parties doubted the Wii, so none of their big projects come to the Wii. When a good game finally does, you don't buy.

Yes, shame

And why is there bitching about it being on-rails. Wasn't Umbrella Chronicles on rails? Didn't many Wii owners buy that game?

DS: Extraction is a half hearted game, how now?

@bmaker11 well it is kinda their fault being a dev for the wii

Around the Network

@BMaker!:

Wii owners apologize for not buying the games you think they should... :)

A shame is seeing you out from under your bridge again.

BMaker11 said:
And why is there bitching about it being on-rails. Wasn't Umbrella Chronicles on rails? Didn't many Wii owners buy that game?

People bought UC because there wasn't much else to choose from at the time.  There are plenty of other games available now for the Wii.

jlauro said:
BMaker11 said:

People bought UC because there wasn't much else to choose from at the time.  There are plenty of other games available now for the Wii.

Don't feed him.  He lives for threads like this.  You'd think there were several glorious HD games out there to play as opposed to trolling Wii threads consistently, but I guess not!

thekitchensink said:
Probably because it's an on-rails shooter. No matter how good it is, it's still an on-rails shooter.

Man I hope everyone who could respond to that guy said this.

jlauro said:
BMaker11 said:

Plenty?? If you mean 2-3 decent rail shooters in 3 years as plenty then ur definition of plenty is completely wrong. Plus DS:E has gotten higher ratings than previous on rail shooters like RE:UC, HOTD2/3.

I love how people are suddenly calling this a half hearted game and no advertising and too many rail shooters when this is one of the best looking games, best rated rail shooter and even Nintendo advertised it at E3.