By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else disappointed by the ending? (Uncharted 2)

I hate how people who don't want to be spoiled enter a thread about the games ending

Around the Network

Just finished, what an awesome game! But yes, the end could have been better

I enjoyed the combat in the monastery less than before because of the emphasis on those annoying shotgun guys. The witty banter did also die down a bit. As for the final boss, if it hadn't have taken so many hits to kill him, I would have been fine with it, but it wasn't perfect. The very end bit was, nice to see Sully again and I was very very worried about Elena, I thought that it was her funeral, but it is only right to see Elena and Drake together

As for it being grounded in reality, have you seen how far Drake can jump! Also, look at the Indiana Jones series, most of it was based on reality, and then you do have super natural stuff thrown in there. Yeah, the last film took it too far, but the myths becoming reality is common in this genre

the game was epic what the hell is wrong with u! lololol

the last line is what made ittt

I think the ending sucked. They should have made it longer :( It didn't have to end at all.

I enjoyed the ending, thought it was great. When Elena was hurt, you really saw Drake's caring side and how much he cared about her, at one point it seemed like he wanted to cry. I thought that she was going to die and he was going to give her a little piece of the resin, but good thing that didn't happen. Which is why I liked that he picked Elena instead of Chloe, to me it seemed like his relationship with Chloe was purely physical, no emotional connection at all (which is why he was able to walk away before). Also, opposite's attract and Elena is a complete opposite of Drake which is why he loves her. Also, the last dialogue between the two was classic, it really left a smile on my face for a while.

Gameplay wise, I didn't really like the fact that they went to the whole supernatural being again, but good thing that it wasn't for as long as in U:DF. The last boss was annoying as hell, he was kinda hard too. Besides that, it was great. The running away while the floor falls under you, and the part when you gotta shoot the guardian off Chloe while sliding down was awesome. All in all, I don't know why ppl are complaining.

Around the Network

Fuck it, in the end, there was nothing that dissappointed me, nothing that I wasn't happy about. It was all a matter of how great the different things were!

I would have been very sad if she died. I was about to make an angry rant when I saw that she was okay.

The back and forth between the two at the end was great.

It's also crazy how many hits those guardians can take.... However, using their crossbows against them proves to be very effective.

The final boss battle was a let down in the fact that it was the only time I felt this game was not exceptional. The platforming + stealth + gunplay in this game was excellent. The voice acting, script, and artistic style in this game were top notch. No, I was not disappointed by the ending, but just disappointed that it ended.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I disagree. Imo the game never let up. It was incredible from beginning to end I agree that some parts earlier in the game were better, but that doesn't mean that the ending was bad. It was still full of awesome set pieces like the ones already mentioned and I for one was amazed at how awesome the boss fight was for a game like this. TPS games usually have awful, awful boss fights. Look at Gears 1&2 and the first uncharted for instance. Excluding MGS4 which isn't a TPS anyway, it's a stealth action title, I thought that the final boss fight was perhaps the best in a tps.

PS3 Trophies

The only part that I wasn't enjoying myself immensely was the final boss battle. And even then, the crossing of the bridge and final cut scene were magnificent.

So I'd say there was a little dip right before the end. Bet that's all. Everything else was fantastic!