By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else disappointed by the ending? (Uncharted 2)

Sorry, I know there's a million threads about this game, but I just finished it and I want to discuss!

Anyone else kind of feel that the game kind of lost steam after the battle with the tank?

The last few chapters are by far the weakest of the entire game, imo. What the hell happened to all the awesome set pieces, the cutscenes that put most movies to shame and the funny dialog? When you first set foot in Shambahla it is absolutely jaw dropping. The most impressive thing I've seen in a game ever. You think you're in for something amazing, but it turns out to be just shooting waves of annoying enemies and a lame boss fight. The guardian things look ridiculous. They feel even more out of place than the zombies in the first game.

It really left a bitter taste in my mouth because everything leading up to the finale was just impossibly good, but the rest of it feels like something out of Drake's Fortune.

Don't get me wrong, it's still the best game of the year by far, but I dunno... :/

Your thoughts?

Around the Network

I completely agree.

That said, everything up too and including that tank fight was pretty damn awesome.

I also wanted a more concrete stipulation of what's going to happen with Nate and Elena, as well as where Chloe will be off too now.

But yeah Shambala could have been awesome, but was ultimately disappointing. Maybe we were spoilt by things like the tank and the train?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I both agree and disagree.

The main issue I had with the final few chapters was the difficulty. It went from a decently challenging game to one that devolved into frustrating fire-fights, especially with the insane human-ish creatures.

However, I strongly disagree with the your comment on the lack of set-pieces. Shambala was not only among the best in the game visually (perhaps of any action game), but the scene where you're sliding down the mountain on the side of the building shooting at mercenaries all the while was insane. Running across the falling bridge in the end was also incredible.

As far as the actual ending cinematic goes, I thought it was damn near perfect. The dialogue between Nate and Elena was just superb.

Edit: Looking at the topic title, I'm not really sure why I spoiler-tagged. Oh well.

starcraft said:
I completely agree.

That said, everything up too and including that tank fight was pretty damn awesome.

I also wanted a more concrete stipulation of what's going to happen with Nate and Elena, as well as where Chloe will be off too now.

But yeah Shambala could have been awesome, but was ultimately disappointing. Maybe we were spoilt by things like the tank and the train?

I was so pissed that Nate chose Elena over Chloe!

The chemistry between Chloe and Nate was so much better. The game is at its best when they're together. I hope she returns in the sequel.

But yeah, the tank, the train and the chopper in Nepal are some of the most memorable moments in gaming history. I was expecting something even more incredible after those, but alas, nothing :(

--OkeyDokey-- said:

I could not disagree more .

Around the Network
Quickdraw McGraw said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I could not disagree more .

Chloe > Elena.

Troof.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Chloe > Elena.

Troof.

Ahh! No!

Case in point: The dialogue in the end.

I only wished there was a bit more back story to the relationships between elena and nathan, and chole and nathan, which would make it easier to understand why he made the choices he did. Apart from that, couldn't have asked for a better ending in the game.

Quickdraw McGraw said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Chloe > Elena.

Troof.

Ahh! No!

Case in point: The dialogue in the end.

I see that and raise you:

Nate (as Chloe climbs ladder): "It's a shame you have to sit on something so pretty".

--
Chloe (while hugging Nate): "Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"

--
Nate (while in swimming pool): :"Marco"
Chloe: "Really?"
Nate: "Come on"
Chloe (reluctantly): "Polo"
*Nate jumps out of pool*
Nate: "Fish out of water!"

Well I like the fact that this one doesn't end with them with a ton of money like the first so that there will be another game. I liked when Lazaravich said you are no different from me. Not only did he kill hundreds of people between the two games if not thousands he blew up the city.
I guess I was hoping there would be some interaction in Shambala with the natives other than just the fighting. So although the place was beautiful I think there could have been more.
I'm happy he chose last years model. The ending dialogue is wonderful.

Got the platinum now to kick ass in the multiplayer :D