By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else disappointed by the ending? (Uncharted 2)

I loved the ending, and even the final boss battle (though I thought Navarro was better).

Personally I'm not sure which was better, this or Drake's Fortune...

Around the Network
patapon said:
Kantor said:

The final boss sucked, but it's Uncharted, so I expected that. Hey, at least it was better than Navarro: take cover, roll, jump, brutal combo, brutal combo.

One major plot hole I noticed:

Somebody said that some of the most powerful men in history had possessed only a fragment of the stone. But there was no stone! What did they have, a jug of tree sap?

And some others:

If the sap makes you immortal, I can perhaps understand the sap killing you, but why did a single shotgun blast from Lazarevic kill the two guardians?

How did Sully manage to find a remote village in the middle of the Himalayas?

Shut up, it just a movie! 0_o

Lol at Kantor's observations!  And I posted this somewhere before, but in U1, Drake killed 11,000 men.  Then, at the beginning of U2, he was like "What! You brought guns!  I'm not killing anybody!!  They're just security guards!!"  Five minutes later, he throws a guard off of a rooftop. 

They made crushing to easy...

Christhor said:

I loved the ending, and even the final boss battle (though I thought Navarro was better).

Personally I'm not sure which was better, this or Drake's Fortune...

Ways in which I think it's better than the original:

-Better graphics

-Multiplayer

-Better melee system

-Better platforming

-Better story

-Better characters

-More varied environments

-You can pet a yak!

-More varied enemies

-Longer

And ways in which it's worse:

-I preferred the original's reward system, but I like how the multiplayer and single player rewards are bought with the same cash.

-Less Sully in this game. Though the original didn't have much Sully either.

I would have to say Uncharted 2 is better in pretty much every way that matters. Incredible game.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

d21lewis said:
patapon said:
Kantor said:

The final boss sucked, but it's Uncharted, so I expected that. Hey, at least it was better than Navarro: take cover, roll, jump, brutal combo, brutal combo.

One major plot hole I noticed:

Somebody said that some of the most powerful men in history had possessed only a fragment of the stone. But there was no stone! What did they have, a jug of tree sap?

And some others:

If the sap makes you immortal, I can perhaps understand the sap killing you, but why did a single shotgun blast from Lazarevic kill the two guardians?

Shut up, it just a movie! 0_o

Lol at Kantor's observations!  And I posted this somewhere before, but in U1, Drake killed 11,000 men.  Then, at the beginning of U2, he was like "What! You brought guns!  I'm not killing anybody!!  They're just security guards!!"  Five minutes later, he throws a guard off of a rooftop. 

The guys he killed in Uncharted 1 were mercenaries, and they're the lowest class of human, so he didn't mind killing them.

He didn't want to kill the people in the museum because they were just doing their job, they were guards. A little like how Lambert doesn't let you kill Israeli policemen in Pandora Tomorrow. As for throwing the guy off the roof, Harry Flynn's smooth British accent coaxed him into doing it.

EDIT: Another observation: Wasn't Chapter 14 exactly the same as Chapter 1? Why did they need to make you climb the train twice?

Around the Network
Kantor said:
d21lewis said:
patapon said:
Kantor said:

And some others:

The guys he killed in Uncharted 1 were mercenaries, and they're the lowest class of human, so he didn't mind killing them.

He didn't want to kill the people in the museum because they were just doing their job, they were guards. A little like how Lambert doesn't let you kill Israeli policemen in Pandora Tomorrow. As for throwing the guy off the roof, Harry Flynn's smooth British accent coaxed him into doing it.

EDIT: Another observation: Wasn't Chapter 14 exactly the same as Chapter 1? Why did they need to make you climb the train twice?

I don't think it said they had possessed it. I think he said that it is thought that they possessed only a fragment of the stone.

Same reason their own crossbows take 2 shots. It's a powerful gun.

I'm guessing a mobile telecommunications device of some sort. I think they invented them at some stage. Might be wrong though,

I agree with the train. I didn't see a point in climbing it twice.

JerCotter7 said:
Kantor said:
d21lewis said:
patapon said:
Kantor said:

And some others:

I don't think it said they had possessed it. I think he said that it is thought that they possessed only a fragment of the stone.

I'm guessing a mobile telecommunications device of some sort. I think they invented them at some stage. Might be wrong though,

1) But there was no stone!

2) And why do the crossbows take two shots? Why can normal guns kill them at all? The definition of "IMMORTAL" is "unkillable".

3) That's a good point, because Drake didn't have a phone with him. Elena and Chloe might. More confusing, though, is how Sully managed to find this village. What would Drake say? "It's in Tibet, and it's a village surrounded by snow and mountains"... According to Wikipedia, there are 800 settlements in Tibet. Most of them would be surrounded by snow and mountains. Did he (speaking fluent Tibetan, of course, like all Americans), stop in every village he saw and ask "Have you seen an American man with a half tuck"? Were Elena, Chloe and Drake waiting for two years while Sully inspected every village in the Himalayas?

Kantor said:
JerCotter7 said:
Kantor said:
d21lewis said:
patapon said:
Kantor said:

And some others:

2) And why do the crossbows take two shots? Why can normal guns kill them at all? The definition of "IMMORTAL" is "unkillable".

3) That's a good point, because Drake didn't have a phone with him. Elena and Chloe might. More confusing, though, is how Sully managed to find this village. What would Drake say? "It's in Tibet, and it's a village surrounded by snow and mountains"... According to Wikipedia, there are 800 settlements in Tibet. Most of them would be surrounded by snow and mountains. Did he (speaking fluent Tibetan, of course, like all Americans), stop in every village he saw and ask "Have you seen an American man with a half tuck"? Were Elena, Chloe and Drake waiting for two years while Sully inspected every village in the Himalayas?

I don't think he said that they DID have the stone. Just that it is thought they had a fragment of the stone. So they really had nothing. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I thought they were just the gaurdians and not the full immortals. Just like the last boss needs the sap to kill him.(I think?)

Well if they had a phone they could give him co-ordinates. Gotta just think it through :)

The last boss fight definitely could have been better. It was exciting to just be in there one on one with him, but the resin shooting went on longer than it had to, and I would have liked the fight to change at some point, and not just be one drawn out idea. Also, that scene where you and Chloe are sliding off a cliff as it collapses was so short that it really made me yearn for a time when game overs are much more inventive than just replaying the same 5 second snippet over again until you get it right.  (I realize that part is more like a little interactive cutscene, but how cool would it be if failing the first one would link you to another opportunity to save her, and then maybe a third, and only then would you fail and have to repeat the first again?  The rest of the game left me expecting at least this level of game design, I think.)

With that said, I thought the fights between the soldiers and the blue men were pretty cool because there was so much going on, the platforming set pieces at the end were great, and Elena getting hurt really felt painful. On that note, I'd say the most remarkable things about the ending belonged to the movie side of the game, and not the gameplay side. There aren't many times I've felt so much sympathy pain for a character even in movies.  The great voice actors really carried things at the end. Also, the ending dialog between Drake and Elena was some of the best in the game, better than most movie scripts, and perfectly suited to the end of a video game with its playful tone.

Kantor said:
JerCotter7 said:
Kantor said:
d21lewis said:
patapon said:
Kantor said:

And some others:

Remember the scene when drake is walking into the village and those two boys are playing with a football? I doubt it that football was made in that village so the village must have contact with near by settlements and must be near a main city as it was not far from the train tracks, so it would only have taken a trip along the tracks to the nearest main settlement to find a phone  to contact sully, and when was he speaking fluent tibetan?? maybe elena told him a few basics as she seemed to know its not hard to learn of off others to say a basic "hello, goodbye or thank you" in any language.