By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who has a Wii that is legit.

Homebrew user here, but I don't pirate Wii games or download VC/Wiiware through it. I hav e acouple of emulators though...There's so much you can do (legit) with the hbc, my Wii would feel broken without it. And I can play imports :)

Around the Network

I softmodded to play the Japanese Wii Sports Resort because I couldn't wait 3 weeks. I'd be willing to remove the homebrew but their is no way I'm waiting 5 days for the UK release of NSMB Wii. Plus the USB hardrive is too convenient for me. Having all my games on something smaller than a DS while my games and boxes stay nice and safe on the shelf is too good. Great for taking to friends houses. Cuts loading times too apparently.

If Nintendo released games worldwide on the same day and had some way to allow me to easily take my game collection with me I'd have no need for it.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

original here.....

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Count me in as one of the tons legit Wii owners. I don't feel comfortable with messin' with my electronics.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Mine is both soft modded and "legit". I modded mostly for region free games, but sometimes I use an App or two. Let me tell you though, I don't have one Wii game that wasn't paid for by myself or given to me as a present. I haven't downloaded any Virtual Console games or Wiiware games without giving up the points. I paid for my games, and for anybody to accuse me of not being "legit" then think that way, but I tell you this much, I'm as legit as you can get. Also, you may ask why I don't pirate the games if I have the ability, my answer is that I'm a collector and a burnt game isn't anywhere near the same value as a bought game imo.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Mine is both soft modded and "legit". I modded mostly for region free games, but sometimes I use an App or two. Let me tell you though, I don't have one Wii game that wasn't paid for by myself or given to me as a present. I haven't downloaded any Virtual Console games or Wiiware games without giving up the points. I paid for my games, and for anybody to accuse me of not being "legit" then think that way, but I tell you this much, I'm as legit as you can get. Also, you may ask why I don't pirate the games if I have the ability, my answer is that I'm a collector and a burnt game isn't anywhere near the same value as a bought game imo.

QFT

I agree 100% here.

I did have the HBC, but I literally never ended up using it for anything lol.

I deleted it when I heard the latest update was bricking modded Wiis.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

My Wii is illegitimate, and I had to go on the Maury show to figure out who the father was.

DNA test results showed the parents were two gamecubes.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I did have Homebrew but one of the updates seems to have deleted it, I never used the homebrew channel, I dont even know how it got deleted as when I noticed it was gone was weeks after I last updated.

ameratsu said:

My Wii is illegitimate, and I had to go on the Maury show to figure out who the father was.

DNA test results showed the parents were two gamecubes.

Just in case this gets overlooked, I just wanted to say this is the wittiest thing I've read on the site all week. You win the thread sir.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.