By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - INSOMNIAC working on a NEW GAME -- Guesses? (Resistance 3?)!

I'm rooting for a new IP.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

@Xxain

where & when

if so I can't wait

PS3 has like ONLY 2 good WRPG's!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I hope it's Resistance 3. I don't care how much you guys talk down on the R1 and R2, they are two of the best games i've played in my whole life

blackops said:
I hope it's Resistance 3. I don't care how much you guys talk down on the R1 and R2, they are two of the best games i've played in my whole life

well you need to play more games then...

PullusPardus said:
blackops said:

Well,you need to give games chances and I've played a lotta other FPSs. So you are probably one of those people that give up too easily on a game and because people say a game sucks you just agree with them

Around the Network

If it's Resistance 3, I am going to scream.

Having said that, it's probably Resistance 3.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I hope they create something new and fresh.

If it does have to be R3

Then i want them to take it to the battleships of the chimera

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

also at least 1 game next year is going to be resistance 3, They need to improve on its graphics a lot!

blackops said:
PullusPardus said:
blackops said:

Well,you need to give games chances and I've played a lotta other FPSs. So you are probably one of those people that give up too easily on a game and because people say a game sucks you just agree with them

you are compeletly wrong.

i didn't give up on it  or any other game (i rarely do) or say it sucks, infact i liked the game it reminds me alot of doom which is one of my favs , but didn't find it to be "best games ever", nor doom.

and i never agree with anyone on whats my favourite, everyone loves Call of Duty games, i don't i find them like a couple of war movie scenes glued together and called "Amazing writing" , and i didn't like Assasins Creed or GTA IV , so you see i dont say a game sucks "because people say a game sucks you just agree with them"

blackops said:
PullusPardus said:
blackops said:

I gave it a chance. I never gave up on it. I played through every minute of that god-awful, messed up, story-less campaign with all of its terrible acting, its completely unlikeable main character, and even those USELESS boss fights.

I played through the co-op, which was actually pretty good, but it's been done better. Three classes? Every map is fundamentally the same? There is no story whatsoever other than a huge wall of text while the mission loads?

The competitive....yawn. Not only has it been done better, it's rarely done worse. This "skirmish" game mode was supposed to be revolutionary and brilliant, and all you do is capture a fucking beacon again and again, occasionally killing some enemies before going back to capturing beacons. 60 player matches do not work, it's just chaos everywhere. CoD4 has the best shooter multiplayer this gen, and it's 6v6. Uncharted 2 is 5v5. Even KZ2 is just 16v16. 30v30 is unnecessary. There was nothing which made me want to continue playing.

The reason I was so annoyed by R2 is because I was excited for it. It looked amazing. Then, it released, and it was a massive letdown. CoD4 was miles better. KZ2 was miles better. Unreal Tournament III was miles better. Even Bad Company was a better game overall.

It became even worse when I played Resistance: Fall of Man. Because that game is brilliant. It's original, innovative, it has a story, and it's actually fun, because you're not playing Call of Duty with crappy graphics, terrible shooting, and monsters.

If they do make a Resistance 3, I want them to go back to Fall of Man, and work with that. Take it in a new direction, not the CoD/Halo direction. I would play Modern Warfare 2 if I wanted a game like that, because Insomniac can't make FPS as well as Infinity Ward, who have been doing it for 10 years. Make it different to the shooters that saturate the market.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective