By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Super Mario Galaxy

All you have to do is put what score you think the game mentioned below deserves, and write a brief explanation as to why it deserves that score.

Voting is open for 24 hours, after the 24 hour period I will count up all the scores and get the average of the game.  I will be putting up a new thread with a new game every 24 hours

Rules:

1. You had to have played at least enough of the game to form an honest opinion about it (playing it for 5 minutes is NOT enough time, nor is watching a friend play the game).

2. Users with less than 100 posts cannot score a game unless they back up their post with very good reasons as to why they rated it so.

3. scores have to be on a 10 point scale, and anything longer than 2 digits (EG: 9.8) won't be counted.

4. A game must have at least 5 people that gave it a score to be counted.

5. If you score a game under a 5, you have to go into great detail as to why you gave it such a low score.

6. If you score a game more than once none of your scores will count

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's game is Super Mario Galaxy!

And the score is 9.39!

I have not played this game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vgchartz top 12 rated games

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)--9.52

2. Super Mario Galaxy(Wii)--9.39

3. Batman: Arkham Asylum(Mulit)--9.01

4. Halo 3: ODST(360)--8.95

5. Call of Duty 4(Multi)--8.86

6. Gears of War 2(360)--8.83

7. Infamous(PS3)--8.74

8. Dirt 2(Multi)--7.83

9. Assassins Creed(Multi)--7.59

10. Madworld(Wii)--7.46

Tomorrows game is Fallout 3

Around the Network

A very fun and imaginative which I have completed 3 times already and have played well over 100 hours on it. I would like a little more difficulty though, Hopefully they'll deliver this with the sequel.

According to my ranking: 8,9/10

Translated to IGN and gametrailers scale: 999/10

I LOVE ICELAND!

Pros:

- Great orchestrated soundtrack
- Beautifully detailed worlds
- A very lengthy game for a platformer
- Playable Luigi
- Clever gameplay mechanics

Cons:

- Mario isn't nearly as athletic and acrobatic as he used to be
- Too easy
- Cool power-ups with poor implementation (not very useful)

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

9.8/10

THE COMEBACK OF 3D MARIO FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE SUN!
_________

Loved this game --:--

Pro:

1. FABULOUS level designs

2. STELLAR variety between levels

3. Mind boggling gameplay at times + puzzles

4. Fabulous graphics

5. Memorable soundtrack

Cons:

1. IT ENDED!!!!!!!!!!!

Conclusion -- the BEST 3D mario game, that was fantastic ALL ROUND

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Great visuals with innovative physics gameplay. While I don't care for the linearity of the stages, it was still great. It plays like a dream. While some stages are easy, others are plenty difficult but you aren't forced to play all of the difficult ones which is good.

Mario's move-set was semi disappointing as the shake attack was sort of stupid and he lacked a good moves. Flying should have been used more.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

10/10

It really is just fantastically atmospheric.

Finally! A game I own!

Anyways, 10/10.

Yes, perfect score.

Everything from the game was marvelous, and the only gripe I have with it is no camera control. Which is much a nitpick, since the camera did a very well job.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

A fantastic game!
Only negative points I can come up with are:
- Not unlimited levels :p
- No Yoshi

the only game this gen which I would rate 10/10.