By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Super Mario Galaxy

Carl2291 said:
dtewi said:
Boutros said:
dtewi said:
flagship said:

The only game I can adequately compare SMG to is Mario64 and the reduced size and more linear nature of each world in SMG was a huge disappointment to me. It seems with an extra decade of technology and the vastly increased store capacity of a DVD Nintendo should have been able to come up with something larger with more freedom.

...the fuck?

This score should not be allowed as it is irrational and obviously this person did not play it!

If you did play it, may god have mercy on your soul.

I think it's possible for someone not to like it you know.

Yes, but still. A SIX?

Someone gave CoD4 a 3, and that's getting counted.

It shouldn't. Such major outliers tend to be irrational or fanboy-riffic.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

There indeed probably should be someway of dealing with outliers rather than a straight average. It's more accurate for showing the actual general opinion of the game.

dtewi said:
Carl2291 said:
dtewi said:
Boutros said:
dtewi said:
flagship said:

The only game I can adequately compare SMG to is Mario64 and the reduced size and more linear nature of each world in SMG was a huge disappointment to me. It seems with an extra decade of technology and the vastly increased store capacity of a DVD Nintendo should have been able to come up with something larger with more freedom.

...the fuck?

This score should not be allowed as it is irrational and obviously this person did not play it!

If you did play it, may god have mercy on your soul.

I think it's possible for someone not to like it you know.

Yes, but still. A SIX?

Someone gave CoD4 a 3, and that's getting counted.

It shouldn't. Such major outliers tend to be irrational or fanboy-riffic.

He was a PS3 fan, which makes it even more confusing.

Anyway... Unless you can prove flagship is a troll, there isn't really anything you can say that will get his vote un-counted. He fits all the rules in the OP.

And just taking a quick look at his post history, the guy compliments the game here.

10/10

The only problem with this game is that the whole acrobatics aspect is a lot more simplified. Other than that, the galaxies were epic and awesomemememe.

3/10

I found the orientation of Galaxy to be disorienting and uncomfortable. Each planet is like a ball that you run around on, but the camera does not change perspective.

Graphically, this game looks good for a Wii game. The music scores are orchestrated, but uninspired. The music from the old 2D Mario games were more spirited (the most spirited songs in SMG were remixes from the older games).

If they would have just put out a straight up sequel to Mario 64 on a flat 3D plane this game would have been much better. And the use of the Wii mote in this game is almost completely pointless.

Around the Network

Coincidentally, Infinity is the same guy who gave CoD4 the 3/10.

Infinity said:
3/10

I found the orientation of Galaxy to be disorienting and uncomfortable. Each planet is like a ball that you run around on, but the camera does not change perspective.

Graphically, this game looks good for a Wii game. The music scores are orchestrated, but uninspired. The music from the old 2D Mario games were more spirited (the most spirited songs in SMG were remixes from the older games).

If they would have just put out a straight up sequel to Mario 64 on a flat 3D plane this game would have been much better. And the use of the Wii mote in this game is almost completely pointless.

Oh, shut up. You've never played it and don't know one damn thing.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Infinity said:
3/10

I wasn't aware you even owned a Wii.

Infinity said:
3/10

I think you went a little too far lol

It's hard to believe you seeing that you also gave Cod4 a 3/10...

I guess it's possible that you didn't liked it but I can't believe you don't give it more credit for being a very high quality game.

What's your favorite game?

I couldn't get enough of this game. When it first came out, my friends and I always got drunk and played it. Doesn't deserve anything less than a 10.