By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Super Mario Galaxy

RolStoppable said:
9.2/10

Slow start and doesn't give you enough choice until you've collected nine stars. Luigi was a cheap way to stretch the game. Collecting all stars again only to finally unlock the 121st star was a bad design choice.

Seriously, Rol, a 9.2? I thought you were one of us.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Infinity said:
3/10

I found the orientation of Galaxy to be disorienting and uncomfortable. Each planet is like a ball that you run around on, but the camera does not change perspective.

Graphically, this game looks good for a Wii game. The music scores are orchestrated, but uninspired. The music from the old 2D Mario games were more spirited (the most spirited songs in SMG were remixes from the older games).

If they would have just put out a straight up sequel to Mario 64 on a flat 3D plane this game would have been much better. And the use of the Wii mote in this game is almost completely pointless.

Oh, shut up. You've never played it and don't know one damn thing.

Sour grapes. I could say the same thing about most people's opinions of Deus Ex: Invisible War. I loved the game, but most people didn't. But I wouldn't deny that they had played the game just because they disagree. Second of all, there is no justification for personal attacks, saying I don't know one damn thing. I think it says in the rules if you are not civil your vote won't be counted.

angrypoolman said:

I couldn't get enough of this game. When it first came out, my friends and I always got drunk and played it. Doesn't deserve anything less than a 10.

You already voted lol

Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:

I couldn't get enough of this game. When it first came out, my friends and I always got drunk and played it. Doesn't deserve anything less than a 10.

You already voted lol

dang it, you caught me. lol

Boutros said:
Infinity said:
3/10

I found the orientation of Galaxy to be disorienting and uncomfortable. Each planet is like a ball that you run around on, but the camera does not change perspective.

Graphically, this game looks good for a Wii game. The music scores are orchestrated, but uninspired. The music from the old 2D Mario games were more spirited (the most spirited songs in SMG were remixes from the older games).

If they would have just put out a straight up sequel to Mario 64 on a flat 3D plane this game would have been much better. And the use of the Wii mote in this game is almost completely pointless.

I think you went a little too far lol

It's hard to believe you seeing that you also gave Cod4 a 3/10...

I guess it's possible that you didn't liked it but I can't believe you don't give it more credit for being a very high quality game.

What's your favorite game?

Isn't it obvious? Deus Ex (Windows version).

Around the Network

9.8/10

I really like the game as a whole. The orchestra is good and memorable, the motion controls are implemented fairly well and are actually one of the most challenging levels in the game (Although the game is still pretty easy). The levels are still fun despite its difficulty and didn't alienate new gamers. Plus, Rosalina's story is pretty good and unexpectedly sad.

The only thing I didn't like about the game is Golden Leaf(?) Galaxy which made me think that they've gone lazy...But they did make a different Luigi model so I guess it balances out.

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees

angrypoolman said:
Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:

You already voted lol

I'm always more careful with people who have money issue.

Infinity said:
dtewi said:
Infinity said:
3/10

Sour grapes. I could say the same thing about most people's opinions of Deus Ex: Invisible War. I loved the game, but most people didn't. But I wouldn't deny that they had played the game just because they disagree. Second of all, there is no justification for personal attacks, saying I don't know one damn thing. I think it says in the rules if you are not civil your vote won't be counted.

Well aren't you just the controversial user? Going around in ranking games and giving incredibly low scores to highly praised games. lol. You sure are one wacky character!

Infinity said:
dtewi said:
Infinity said:
3/10

"Sour grapes"?

Yeah right. You didn't play it. You've never played it. Your previous posting history strongly implies you've never owned a Wii.

And I think there is justification to say you don't know a thing about Super Mario Galaxy because you've never even touched it probably.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:
Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:

You already voted lol

I'm always more careful with people who have money issue.

Hahahah! Dude, the mods are racist against me, im telling you. I would have like 1500 posts, but I get banned for a month every week that I am on.