By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Super Mario Galaxy

Infinity said:
Boutros said:
Infinity said:
3/10

I found the orientation of Galaxy to be disorienting and uncomfortable. Each planet is like a ball that you run around on, but the camera does not change perspective.

Graphically, this game looks good for a Wii game. The music scores are orchestrated, but uninspired. The music from the old 2D Mario games were more spirited (the most spirited songs in SMG were remixes from the older games).

If they would have just put out a straight up sequel to Mario 64 on a flat 3D plane this game would have been much better. And the use of the Wii mote in this game is almost completely pointless.

I think you went a little too far lol

It's hard to believe you seeing that you also gave Cod4 a 3/10...

I guess it's possible that you didn't liked it but I can't believe you don't give it more credit for being a very high quality game.

What's your favorite game?

Isn't it obvious? Deus Ex (Windows version).

Ok...your second favorite then lol

Around the Network

The only minus is the awkward swimming.

angrypoolman said:
Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:
Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:

I couldn't get enough of this game. When it first came out, my friends and I always got drunk and played it. Doesn't deserve anything less than a 10.

You already voted lol

dang it, you caught me. lol

I'm always more careful with people who have money issue.

Hahahah! Dude, the mods are racist against me, im telling you. I would have like 1500 posts, but I get banned for a month every week that I am on.

Dogs > Cats

Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:
Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:
Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:

I couldn't get enough of this game. When it first came out, my friends and I always got drunk and played it. Doesn't deserve anything less than a 10.

You already voted lol

dang it, you caught me. lol

I'm always more careful with people who have money issue.

Hahahah! Dude, the mods are racist against me, im telling you. I would have like 1500 posts, but I get banned for a month every week that I am on.

Dogs > Cats

You are trying to get me banned again aren't you? IM NOT FALLING FOR IT GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!11

dtewi said:
Infinity said:
dtewi said:
Infinity said:
3/10

I found the orientation of Galaxy to be disorienting and uncomfortable. Each planet is like a ball that you run around on, but the camera does not change perspective.

Graphically, this game looks good for a Wii game. The music scores are orchestrated, but uninspired. The music from the old 2D Mario games were more spirited (the most spirited songs in SMG were remixes from the older games).

If they would have just put out a straight up sequel to Mario 64 on a flat 3D plane this game would have been much better. And the use of the Wii mote in this game is almost completely pointless.

Oh, shut up. You've never played it and don't know one damn thing.

Sour grapes. I could say the same thing about most people's opinions of Deus Ex: Invisible War. I loved the game, but most people didn't. But I wouldn't deny that they had played the game just because they disagree. Second of all, there is no justification for personal attacks, saying I don't know one damn thing. I think it says in the rules if you are not civil your vote won't be counted.

"Sour grapes"?

Yeah right. You didn't play it. You've never played it. Your previous posting history strongly implies you've never owned a Wii.

And I think there is justification to say you don't know a thing about Super Mario Galaxy because you've never even touched it probably.

It's not like he pissed on your kids or anything. Calm down.

Let yo_john decide. Im sure we all already know what his decision will be...

Around the Network
hYpnochronic said:

The only minus is the awkward swimming.

It wouldn't be a platformer if it didn't have awkward swimming controls

Carl2291 said:
dtewi said:

"Sour grapes"?

Yeah right. You didn't play it. You've never played it. Your previous posting history strongly implies you've never owned a Wii.

And I think there is justification to say you don't know a thing about Super Mario Galaxy because you've never even touched it probably.

Not really - textually speaking, his first point suggest that he never played the game at all, since the majority of worlds are not, in fact, made up of spheres.

Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
dtewi said:

"Sour grapes"?

Not really - textually speaking, his first point suggest that he never played the game at all, since the majority of worlds are not, in fact, made up of spheres.

I wouldn't know, i've only played it for about 10 minutes myself. But judging from what you said, he is bullshitting right from the start.

But with his voting in other games, and his posting history... Not to mention the backlash of his vote in this game, yo_john is a reasonable guy and will definately see that Infinity is obviously voting rubbish scores for just about any popular high rated game.

All i am saying is just wait and see what yo_john says...

Infinity said:
3/10

Hahaha. You didn't play the game did you? =P

The vast majority of planets are not balls.

Those really do look like the criticisms of somebody trying to judge a game purely on what he has heard.

Rath said:
Infinity said:
3/10

Hahaha. You didn't play the game did you? =P

The vast majority of planets are not balls.

Those really do look like the criticisms of somebody trying to judge a game purely on what he has heard.

Or based on the Zero Punctuation review.