By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Super Mario Galaxy

Well definitely one of my favorites of the generation. First and foremost this game was absolutely stunning. There are not to many videogames that have the polish of Super Mario Galaxy. It was really quite impressive of how the graphics were able to so accurately represent the atmosphere. Second, the sound and music in the game was simply incredible. I still hum some of those tunes because they were just so catch. Top notch for any title but really helped to tie in the visuals to once again gain that atmosphere.

so obviously this game had amazing atmosphere but what really tied it together was just how well it played. For the most part it felt like a new mario game without radically changing it. Kept to its roots while providing you with these other unique obstacles and puzzles to to really just blow your mind. I enjoyed every level and simply felt immersed in it.

Really the only problem I had with the game is at parts it was too easy and sometimes there were camera issues. But other than that it was simply a masterpiece.

9.8/10

I don't rate too many games that high so that's definitely means something for me.

Around the Network

7.6/10

Never really liked the game. The camera was annoying. The best thing about it is the music.

Infinity said:
3/10

I found the orientation of Galaxy to be disorienting and uncomfortable. Each planet is like a ball that you run around on, but the camera does not change perspective.

Graphically, this game looks good for a Wii game. The music scores are orchestrated, but uninspired. The music from the old 2D Mario games were more spirited (the most spirited songs in SMG were remixes from the older games).

If they would have just put out a straight up sequel to Mario 64 on a flat 3D plane this game would have been much better. And the use of the Wii mote in this game is almost completely pointless.

I'm just wondering.  Are there any games in this whole universe that you actually like?  

BTW I want you to go into greater detail about the game if you want your score counted.  Because there is no reasonable explanation as to why anyone would score such great games like this and COD4 a 3.  I don't really like Mario games but I can acknowledge that its a very well made game.

I've added a new rule.

yo_john117 said:
Infinity said:
3/10

I found the orientation of Galaxy to be disorienting and uncomfortable. Each planet is like a ball that you run around on, but the camera does not change perspective.

Graphically, this game looks good for a Wii game. The music scores are orchestrated, but uninspired. The music from the old 2D Mario games were more spirited (the most spirited songs in SMG were remixes from the older games).

If they would have just put out a straight up sequel to Mario 64 on a flat 3D plane this game would have been much better. And the use of the Wii mote in this game is almost completely pointless.

I'm just wondering.  Are there any games in this whole universe that you actually like?  

Again: his first paragraph suggests that he did not actually play the game enough to form an opinion on it.

yo_john117 said:
Infinity said:
3/10

I'm just wondering. Are there any games in this whole universe that you actually like?

BTW I want you to go into greater detail about the game if you want your score counted. Because there is no reasonable explanation as to why anyone would score such great games like this and COD4 a 3. I don't really like Mario games but I can acknowledge that its a very well made game.

I've added a new rule.

I did not enjoy the gameplay in SMG. I am not a fan of platformers in general, but changing the camera in such a way that you have to tilt your head just to play is a stupid idea. Plus as I mentioned the orientation changes too often. And parts of the game were just frustrating to me, like when you are in the bee costume. <shrug>

There is no accounting for taste, that is for sure. But some games that I do like from the current gen are Soul Calibur IV, Virtua Fighter 5, Ridge Racer 7, Bourne Conspiracy, Spiderman: Web of Shadows, Full Auto 2, Stranglehold, WipeOut HD, Pixeljunk Eden...

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Infinity said:
Boutros said:
Infinity said:
3/10

I think you went a little too far lol

It's hard to believe you seeing that you also gave Cod4 a 3/10...

I guess it's possible that you didn't liked it but I can't believe you don't give it more credit for being a very high quality game.

What's your favorite game?

Isn't it obvious? Deus Ex (Windows version).

Ok...your second favorite then lol

LOL My second favorite is Deus Ex: Invisible War (again for Windows)

;)

Infinity said:
yo_john117 said:
Infinity said:
3/10

I'm just wondering. Are there any games in this whole universe that you actually like?

BTW I want you to go into greater detail about the game if you want your score counted. Because there is no reasonable explanation as to why anyone would score such great games like this and COD4 a 3. I don't really like Mario games but I can acknowledge that its a very well made game.

I've added a new rule.

I did not enjoy the gameplay in SMG. I am not a fan of platformers in general, but changing the camera in such a way that you have to tilt your head just to play is a stupid idea. Plus as I mentioned the orientation changes too often. And parts of the game were just frustrating to me, like when you are in the bee costume.

There is no accounting for taste, that is for sure. But some games that I do like from the current gen are Soul Calibur IV, Virtua Fighter 5, Ridge Racer 7, Bourne Conspiracy, Spiderman: Web of Shadows, Full Auto 2, Stranglehold, WipeOut HD, Pixeljunk Eden...

no mario kart? boo!!

Ok, fair enough. Mario Kart Wii is fun, Wii Sports Resort too.

Infinity said:
Ok, fair enough. Mario Kart Wii is fun, Wii Sports Resort too.

yay!! =] Ninty has more things up their sleeves too!

9.6/10

Best game of this generation.