By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Super Mario Galaxy

Personally, I hate sports games. I despise them. Still, a lot of people like Madden. I'm not going to go out of my way to post in a Madden rating thread and give it a low score because I'm intelligent enough to know that my opinion about the game isn't the same as its audience. A Madden fan would give half a shit about my thoughts. Some people need to realize that.

Around the Network

No yoshi??? Least it had a planet shaped like his head in it!

9.5 (because it could've been slightly harder...otherwise it was the best nintendo console game since Ocarina of time!)

d21lewis said:
Personally, I hate sports games. I despise them. Still, a lot of people like Madden. I'm not going to go out of my way to post in a Madden rating thread and give it a low score because I'm intelligent enough to know that my opinion about the game isn't the same as its audience. A Madden fan would give half a shit about my thoughts. Some people need to realize that.

If only more people were like you...  :)

Same thing for me: i usually don't like sports games, and i'm european, which means i could care less about Madden, and a sport only the americans seem to like... i find most sports games very casual and boring, and that for a long long time, way before the word "casual" was so (mis)used...

But do i have to express that on every forum, whenever i can? What would be the point? If some people have fun with such games, then good for them: these games have the right to exist, just like all my favourite games, and just like any game with enough success to fund the next one and make a good living for its creators...

The day some people will understand videogames are just like books, records, movies, and may be very (very) different to please many very (very) different kinds of people, that day will be a day to celebrate...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

9.9/10 because no game will ever be perfect.

PROS
Great musical Score
Superb visuals
Fantastic level design and use of gravity

CONS
a bit easy (as almost all mario games are)
camera could be a bit difficult sometimes

i would complain on the spin attack but after playing super mario sunshine, i've come to love the spin attack. it works very much like a third jump. Again after playing super mario sunshine i realize how many times the spin attack has saved me from dying. I died so many times in sunshine from holes and stuff like that because i got used to the spin attack always saving me.

Around the Network

9/10 - fun game but it did not captivate me enough to finish it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I find it too boring.

Extremely funny, one of the best games of this gen!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

10/10

This game is flawless.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,