By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor:ANOTHER PS3 Model?

carlos710 said:
ssj12 said:
I'm seriously starting to hate this site..half of you dont even understand how technology works. You probably don't even know a 4 terabyte HDD is going to be released soon. Morons.

Keep the personal attacks, you willl be a great moderator.

dude seriouly very few of you execpt half the mods use/have common logic. Things change in a piece of equipment and the FCC needs a report on it so it can be released. You dont see 100000 topics on how Intel and AMD are releasing a new version of their processor so you? If Nintendo released a $400 version of the Wii right now that could play VH DVD, and had a 300GB Hard-drive everyone here would be saying its a great decision yet Sony is trying to get the PS3 to be affordable to the masses everyone thinks they are the biggest jack a** ever. Let me tell you Nintendo isn't god and Bill Gates isn't your mother so stop acting like the consoles are the greatest thing since sliced bread and realize that they are pieces of hardware that will and can easily be outdated.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

If this is a 299 ps3 stripped of almost everything id get it.

I dont have an hd tv nor do i ever plan on buying the eye of judgement, though that thing looks awesome so i have no need of usb ports.

I dont even know what the card reader does, call me misinformed.

I really think people r over reacting about this no backwards compatabily, did everyone suddenly get rid of their ps2's? What big game on the horizon is coming out for the ps2 that BC is a must have? Does the 360 core have backwards compatability?

If sony did this i think they could really reclaim some lost ground. I t may not be a popular sku on the internert or this board but for anyone that just wants a ps3 for the games its a must buy.

In all honesty tho i think its an 80 gig with no bc.

Let me tell you Nintendo isn't god -preach it brother.

@ssj12,

Actually, I have argued that, if Nintendo did that, they would completely kill the Wii (Also, that THAT is the only thing that could actually hurt the Wii in the long run).

Also, you talk about technology being outdated and, therefore, need upgrading. Unless this new model actually improves the original 60GB model, then your point is moot.

ssj12 said:
carlos710 said:
ssj12 said:
I'm seriously starting to hate this site..half of you dont even understand how technology works. You probably don't even know a 4 terabyte HDD is going to be released soon. Morons.

Keep the personal attacks, you willl be a great moderator.

dude seriouly very few of you execpt half the mods use/have common logic. Things change in a piece of equipment and the FCC needs a report on it so it can be released. You dont see 100000 topics on how Intel and AMD are releasing a new version of their processor so you? If Nintendo released a $400 version of the Wii right now that could play VH DVD, and had a 300GB Hard-drive everyone here would be saying its a great decision yet Sony is trying to get the PS3 to be affordable to the masses everyone thinks they are the biggest jack a** ever. Let me tell you Nintendo isn't god and Bill Gates isn't your mother so stop acting like the consoles are the greatest thing since sliced bread and realize that they are pieces of hardware that will and can easily be outdated.

Well, you're right about one thing...

DonWii said:
@ssj12,

Actually, I have argued that, if Nintendo did that, they would completely kill the Wii (Also, that THAT is the only thing that could actually hurt the Wii in the long run).

Also, you talk about technology being outdated and, therefore, need upgrading. Unless this new model actually improves the original 60GB model, then your point is moot.

I think you missed the point. The point in that rant is that according to fanboys on this site Nintendo cant do no wrong same with Microsoft. Microsoft could create that Home knockoff and then charge 150 a year and both 360 fans would say "if its good for Live the proce doesnt matter" while Microsoft rapes your wallet. Basically I'm saying is you guys fail to look at the broader picture. Sony is trying to get to so that they can get customers that will purchase PS3/PSN games, they didnt discontinue the PS2 so they should totally care about BC till they do as the PS2 as of right now is $129 and in a month will be $99. 130 million PS2s have been sold to customers there isnt any reason why you shouldnt be able to find one. If enough people after the PS2 is discontinued then Sony will bring BC back at 93/94% through software like they have for PS1 titles. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network

Well, I guess I could argue about Sony's flip-flopping core values then, because BC was a big deal in 2006, while rumble was seen as 'unnecessary'. Then, it is the PS3 fans who believe Sony can 'do no wrong'.

ssj12 said:
ever think maybe they are going to have a version with a 65nm RSX and Cell? I'm seriously starting to hate this site..half of you dont even understand how technology works. You probably don't even know a 4 terabyte HDD is going to be released soon. Morons.

Wow, mature SSJ.

You do realise that most of the hardware revisions in the PS2 were extremely minor? The problem with the PS3 SKUs is that they are all major revisions, whether its taking out EE or GS or adding or removing HDD space its all going to have an effect on the consumer.

As far as I can find only two PS2 updates had an effect on the consumer were the changing of the way the DVD reader worked (done before it hit US shores) and the slim model. Correct me if I'm wrong.

All these Sku's are too confusing... WHY SONY... WHY?!?!!? The PS3 was at the top of my list of purchases I wanted until they screwed it all up with the awful pricing. Now these SKU's only make it worse!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DonWii said:
Well, I guess I could argue about Sony's flip-flopping core values then, because BC was a big deal in 2006, while rumble was seen as 'unnecessary'. Then, it is the PS3 fans who believe Sony can 'do no wrong'.

I believe Sony is being pretty stupid with their ideas of flipping 8 different SKUs with different abilities but on another but its understandable because they removed all PS2 hardware which lowered general cost. BC with the PS2 was mainly because of the hardware, PS1 is software thats why the 40GB model supports PS1 games but not PS2 as of yet. Sony doesnt want to make an extreme promise of being able to support a massive amount of PS2 games because they had 7+ years to make a PS1 emulator and only 1 year to make a PS2, thats not exactly even. Rumble is being brought back because it was asked for by fans on the PS Blog. Sony will have BC back again eventually dont count that out. They are going to be working on a PS2 emulator. 4 Usb ports.. wasnt really needed as you mainly just need the ports to charge the controllers.. wow. Not much use out of them. Card readers.. theres a hard drive and USB port. Connect a camera, drag the files out, remove the camera. Storage space, DLNA server is supported the HDD can be all game data and you can still play music and videos from your PC HDD. Wifi is supported in the 40GB model dont listen otherwise. Bluetooth, 7 controllers = godlike. Sony is just trying to lower costs anyway they can. If that means by 2009 there will be a $199 PS3 that would be awesome.

ssj12 is right. sony's doing everything they can to lower the price but it only seems to gain negative attention. As a gamer that doesn't rely on my parents to buy me games anymore im very glad that they are doing this.

Sony f'd up and they know it so their taking losses trying to lower the price.

MS f'd day one by releasing a product that has a 33 percent chance of breaking. I hope they have to pay another billion to extend warrentys.