By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor:ANOTHER PS3 Model?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/skubar/yet-another-ps3-sku-on-the-way-311602.php

If this is true then it may mean the Sony executives have finally gone insane.

Around the Network

Wow, now it's just getting stupid.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

It's all just a rumor and obviously nobody knows exactly what the specs would be for yet another model. I'll worry about it when the details come out for it and I'm ready to buy a PS3. Oh wait, I already have one. :)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Different SKUs for different markets. Unnecessary, but it makes sense.

Here comes another one

Here it comes again

Here comes another one

When will it end? 

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Different SKUs for different markets. Unnecessary, but it makes sense.

I'm sorry, but you lost me there: It's not a necessary move, yet the move, unneccesary as it may be, makes sense? 

I'll post some of the thoughts over at Kotaku:

BY KAI_ AT 09:49 PM

This one is an 80GB with no backwards comp, Dreamcast support, and 23 USB ports.

BY XBHASKARX AT 09:48 PM

This one doesn't play PS3 games, only Blu-ray movies. $349.99.

BY DONWII AT 09:50 PM

$200 PS3 No Hard Drive, No USB Ports, No BC, No Wi-fi, Support for only 1 Wired Controller(Single Player Only), No card reader and half a Cell(since most games don't make full use of it)

BY BIG_WORLD AT 10:02 PM

I have a feeling Sony made this SKU to counteract all the negative attention they garnered when they removed the backwards-compatibility. This new SKU will be backwards-compatible with all PS2 games and DVDs. However, to keep costs low, it will not be compatible with PlayStation 3 software of Blu-Ray movies.

$299.

BY BPMΩ AT 10:06 PM

20GB HDD
No BC
No USB
No Wi-Fi
No card reader

Final Destination

Right now we don't know any details on this new sku or what it will include and exclude. And there is a chance that we may not even see what this model is all about until further down the line.

Could it possibly be a super low end model targeted for Black Friday in the US at $300? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it will be a version that will continue to have backwards compatibility, or it may not. Again time will tell. For all we know it could be just an update to the 80gb version with the 2 fewer usbs, but still have the BC in it?

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

your mother said:

Here comes another one

Here it comes again

Here comes another one

When will it end?

When will fanboys foolish stop whining about it ?

Does it play PS3 games - YES
Deos it play the games the same way other PS3 do - YES
So SKU differences dont affect PS3 games - YES

WTF is the problem then ? 

DonWii said:
I'll post some of the thoughts over at Kotaku:

BY KAI_ AT 09:49 PM

This one is an 80GB with no backwards comp, Dreamcast support, and 23 USB ports.

BY XBHASKARX AT 09:48 PM

This one doesn't play PS3 games, only Blu-ray movies. $349.99.

BY DONWII AT 09:50 PM

$200 PS3 No Hard Drive, No USB Ports, No BC, No Wi-fi, Support for only 1 Wired Controller(Single Player Only), No card reader and half a Cell(since most games don't make full use of it)

BY BIG_WORLD AT 10:02 PM

I have a feeling Sony made this SKU to counteract all the negative attention they garnered when they removed the backwards-compatibility. This new SKU will be backwards-compatible with all PS2 games and DVDs. However, to keep costs low, it will not be compatible with PlayStation 3 software of Blu-Ray movies.

$299.

BY BPMΩ AT 10:06 PM

20GB HDD
No BC
No USB
No Wi-Fi
No card reader

Final Destination

I'd tell you what I think of those thoughts, but I don't think I could say it and not get a talking to.  I'm a good boy now. :)

Just wanted to point out how smart some of those posters are that say it won't have Wifi.  It will have wifi, it's on the FCC label. :)

But, otherwise it's good humor to see there. :P

Get your Portable ID!