By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor:ANOTHER PS3 Model?

DonWii said:

However, all of these PS2 redesigns did not occur during its first year.

We have already seen:

20GB, 60GB, 60GB with less BC, 80GB with less BC, 40GB with virtally no BC, and another one now.

Actually, the PS2 was on its' fourth SKU before it even reached the US.

Around the Network

i dont care about the size of the harddisk, the number of the USB ports nor the backward comcompatibility

all i want is a PS3 packed with a rumble controller

Deviation59 said:
DonWii said:

However, all of these PS2 redesigns did not occur during its first year.

We have already seen:

20GB, 60GB, 60GB with less BC, 80GB with less BC, 40GB with virtally no BC, and another one now.

Actually, the PS2 was on its' fourth SKU before it even reached the US.

Interesting. I'm sure, though, that they were refined PS2's, rather than stripped of features. Fell free to prove me wrong.

For those who aren't aware, there were 16 different versions of the PS2 in the 7 years it has been on the market. Different models for Sony is not a new thing.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:
For those who aren't aware, there were 16 different versions of the PS2 in the 7 years it has been on the market. Different models for Sony is not a new thing.

At this rate, though, Sony may have 50-60 models in the course of 10 years.

Around the Network

Sony had 10 different versions in approximately 18 months from release of the PS2. Doesn't sound too far off does it? I think that today we are more aware of it then we were in the past. It's easier to get information from the FCC as well as MANY dedicated gaming sites looking to report on ANYTHING they can hear especially if they think they may have a scoop on one of the other websites out there.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Again, if you show me that those 10 versions were refined, rather than stripped down, I will say it is the same thing.

Dolla Dolla said:

Chocolate SKU confirmed.

Disclaimer: In case of Game Drought, Eat.

There is a point that having so many different sku's creates more problems for your brand than it does help it. Too confusing and you really can't specialize you factories to maximize the reduction of cost. Seems stupid.

Keep in mind superchunk we have no idea what the specs will be. It could just be the 80gb version with no bundled in game or possibly a different bundled in game. We will have to wait for some hard information to come out on it before we should pass judgment.

Get your Portable ID!