By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - CoD4 wii sales predictions?

400K-1 million...

Former something....

Around the Network

Manos, you have to look at this in the same way madden fails on the wii, i cant remember the last time a first place console did not have the strongest madden sales. and at the rate things are going it would take 200 million wiis in america for it to out see either of the hd consoles in terms of pushing madden

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Well with the history of shooters on the wii, plus it's about 2 years late I'd say:

300,000 at most.

Just look how Bioshock did on PS3. Yeah it was an amazing game but it came out a year late, full priced. Cod4 wii is 2 years late and probably full priced.

goddog said:
Manos, you have to look at this in the same way madden fails on the wii, i cant remember the last time a first place console did not have the strongest madden sales. and at the rate things are going it would take 200 million wiis in america for it to out see either of the hd consoles in terms of pushing madden

So are you saying that some kind of games just don't sell on wii?

It will definitely sell less than WaW. Why? It's a port, 2 years late. Many multiple-system owners already have the game for PS3/360/PC, and some others will feel shafted having to pay $60 for a 2 year old game.

This game's market is people who enjoyed WaW, don't have an other console, and are willing to pay $60 for a similar experience, even if the game is actually 2 years old.

I predict 400k - 800k.

Around the Network

Even CoD3 reached 1 mil, this will too.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

goddog said:

Madden sells Ok on the Wii, but its EA Sports themselves that make it sell less then it should, 2009 Version was very good but just look at pretty retarded boxart and the "all play" this turns people off they look at it and think that this is some sort of dumbed down version of madde, where in fact it was a good game (with tad outdated graphics and no replays) 

Now 2010 EA tried to make madden look better, they create a new engine but instead of going towards more realism (of course they couldnt do an HD version, but they coul'dve easily improved PS2 like graphics that madden wii had) they go for well a very weird approach. I think EA tries too hard with madden and they fail to realise what Wii owners want.

lmao 13 million on wii? thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

OT: it will sell some where between 0.20m -1.20m not possible for it to go any higher

It will stop short of 1.5 million. Maybe 1.34 million.

And all of you snarky bastards who are like "LOL OP, stop smokin that stuff, no wonder ur so dumb!!!", cut it out, you're making yourselves look ignorant and juvenile.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

zaMy said:
lmao 13 million on wii? thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

OT: it will sell some where between 0.20m -1.20m not possible for it to go any higher

I like your sig.