By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - CoD4 wii sales predictions?

MontanaHatchet said:
Manos said:

I was intrigued by this. How much will CoD4 do on wii?

Wii has 48,8% market share and this game is definitely well known and it will be marketed a lot. Also it is not a niche game. Many people claim that wii is superior when it comes to console fps. These things in mind I think it should do at least 13 million on wii. (a bit more than it did with hd consoles which have 51.2% market share)

What do you think?

Well, someone is bound to be disappointed.

I think it could do over a million, but not too much more. It will likely follow the trend of the other games, but it could be lost among all the other great games for the Wii during the holidays.

I'll say lifetime will be 1.4 million, but the games can be unpredictable. Certainly, nobody could have predicted how Call of Duty 4 would turn out on the other systems.

He's not making an earnest prediction, I'm pretty sure he's being facetious.

Anyway.

I expect about 1.3 million lifetime, given sales of other entrants in the series on the same platform. Observe:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=23991&region=All

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=4935&region=All

There you go. It'll come in over these, but not by a lot.

Around the Network

If it sells a million then Activision should be happy i mean it is a lame port.

With the bad reputation it's getting, I doubt the current Wii owners will go for it. New owners can pick up the game with a cheaper Arcade and way better graphics.
Definitely below World at War sales.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

1.6 Million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Quite low expectations. I am surprised.

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
With the bad reputation it's getting, I doubt the current Wii owners will go for it. New owners can pick up the game with a cheaper Arcade and way better graphics.
Definitely below World at War sales.

LOL thats almsot as silly as expecting 13 mil units sold.

The reuputation has been pretty good, we've yet to see the end result shots, we've only seen alpha screens.

FYI Manos has been banned like 4-5 times for trolling the Wii. Chances are he is trying to get the Wii fanboys to give ridiculous numbers which is why he put such an insane number on it.

1 - 1.5 million would be the upper limit if reasonable in my opinion. If they are expecting to do more than 500 - 700k though they are over estimating though. I coud easily see it selling far less given the age, and missing features.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around 500K for obvious reasons

Manos said:
Quite low expectations. I am surprised.

Why ?

Even 1 milion is huge success for any core game on Wii.

Anyway imho 1.5M after first year and then maybe slow crawl to 2M lifetime.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

500k - 800k

this is an old game now, to late to make a massive impact imo