By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - CoD4 wii sales predictions?

I was intrigued by this. How much will CoD4 do on wii?

Wii has 48,8% market share and this game is definitely well known and it will be marketed a lot. Also it is not a niche game. Many people claim that wii is superior when it comes to console fps. These things in mind I think it should do at least 13 million on wii. (a bit more than it did with hd consoles which have 51.2% market share)

What do you think?

Around the Network

I would say between 200,000 and 1,200,000.

It's a downgraded port.

I think it will do better than CoD: WaW at least, in the long run.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Manos said:

Wii has 48,8% market share and this game is definitely well known and it will be marketed a lot. Also it is not a niche game. Many people claim that wii is superior when it comes to console fps. These things in mind I think it should do at least 13 million on wii. (a bit more than it did with hd consoles which have 51.2% market share)

What do you think?

2 million is the maximum.

You should stop smoking that stuff.

i believe that the lifetime sales of the game will be around two milion.the two other call of duty games have sold around 1 milion so given this game's bigger name and hype i believe that 2 milion is a good guess.

Around the Network
Manos said:

What do you think?

Well, someone is bound to be disappointed.

I think it could do over a million, but not too much more. It will likely follow the trend of the other games, but it could be lost among all the other great games for the Wii during the holidays.

I'll say lifetime will be 1.4 million, but the games can be unpredictable. Certainly, nobody could have predicted how Call of Duty 4 would turn out on the other systems.

13 million? No way, no how. I'd bump Pauls numbers a bit - perhaps 500k to 1.5 mil, with a more precise number hovering around the 1 mil mark. Basically, you can probably transfer COD:WaW's numbers over to COD 4 and be pretty accurate, as that is the main market.

On a side note, I still play COD:WaW regularly on my Wii. In fact, its the only game I really play on it these days. I need new games.

Just above one million. It could not even hit one million.

We'll see it crawl over a million after about 3 years in the bargain bin.

Manos said:

What do you think?

*Glares at your avatar*,  oh, so that explains it.