By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is america giving up on the wii?

tedsteriscool said:
Millennium said:
One week after a price drop on the other two systems is not a valid sample for judging basically anything. In 2-3 weeks, the Wii will be back in first where it belongs.

And why does it "belong" in first place?

Because the best selling system should belong in first place?

Around the Network

It has to slow down sometime, it seems like sales would slow down now anyway with school starting. It will jump back in the holidays.

ph4nt said:
tedsteriscool said:
Millennium said:
One week after a price drop on the other two systems is not a valid sample for judging basically anything. In 2-3 weeks, the Wii will be back in first where it belongs.

Actually, the best selling system (PS2) is consistently in last place.

I'd like to know his reasoning as to why the Wii deserves to reclaim first place...

More like Nintendo themselves are giving up on the Wii, NoA more specifically.

The fact that they are still releasing less and less Wii games as years go by, and that they are still much more focused on the DS makes it impossible for the Wii to see better sales. (Only 4 new games this year, compared to 6 last year and like 12 in 2007)

They are making the same mistake they made last year when they only released a couple of games for the holidays with nothing before them and nothing else after. Wii line-up isn't strong at all save for NSMBWii. Wii Fit+ is the same exact game with a few more activities, which btw costs 10$ more than the original package.

I seriously doubt Holiday sales will be better than last year's, because this year the competition is really going all out. Nintendo thought the competition's reactions wouldnt have any effect over them, but surprisingly they had.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

America is not giving up, both Xbox 360 and PS3 have received price cuts which have boost sales , Wii is at this same price point since 2006 it simply needs to reduce its price.

Around the Network

The people who are willing to buy the machine at the current price are drying up. People know it has some old hardware inside of it.

tedsteriscool said:
ph4nt said:
tedsteriscool said:
Millennium said:

Actually, the best selling system (PS2) is consistently in last place.

I'd like to know his reasoning as to why the Wii deserves to reclaim first place...

Its his favourite console. That is why.

I doubt new colors are going to do anything. People can buy skins for 5 dollars at gamestop for their wii. It's all about the games. This year has been pretty bleak in terms of big name titles. Of course with a new zelda + mario- things may pick up again.

trestres said:
More like Nintendo themselves are giving up on the Wii, NoA more specifically.

The fact that they are still releasing less and less Wii games as years go by, and that they are still much more focused on the DS makes it impossible for the Wii to see better sales. (Only 4 new games this year, compared to 6 last year and like 12 in 2007)

They are making the same mistake they made last year when they only released a couple of games for the holidays with nothing before them and nothing else after. Wii line-up isn't strong at all save for NSMBWii. Wii Fit+ is the same exact game with a few more activities, which btw costs 10$ more than the original package.

I seriously doubt Holiday sales will be better than last year's, because this year the competition is really going all out. Nintendo thought the competition's reactions wouldnt have any effect over them, but surprisingly they had.

It's possible that they will announce something huge and release it early afterwards just like sony did with the ps3 slim.  I do beleive M&S at the winter olympics games bundle will sell well, if it does get bundled that is.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

No one said anything about saving the Wii, plus you made a terribly bad joke.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies