By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is america giving up on the wii?

why are sales dropping so much in america, others and japan are whats keeping it above the 360

Around the Network

The YOY drops are staggering, but Nintendon't care. They make buckets of cash anyway. When sales slump to 150k or less on a normal week I can see them dropping the price.

Saturation point reached? Probably at the current price.

is geuss im the only one that doesnt see a price drop doin much for Wii's sales???....i mean its dirt cheap as it is...

^ thats probably pretty true. apart from WSR not many new releases have arrived in America so until some major games come out this holiday season and possibly a price drop dont expect sales to pick up much

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Nintendo is doing something about this. See their recent games and color releases.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I find it odd that Europe is out ahead in that regard.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

From the NPD analysis

"There is a lot of speculation about Wii and whether Nintendo will take a price cut as sales comps to last year show declines. I do think it's interesting to note that the Wii is still selling at levels comparable to what the PS2 was doing at about this point in its lifecycle."

One week after a price drop on the other two systems is not a valid sample for judging basically anything. In 2-3 weeks, the Wii will be back in first where it belongs.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Millennium said:
One week after a price drop on the other two systems is not a valid sample for judging basically anything. In 2-3 weeks, the Wii will be back in first where it belongs.

And why does it "belong" in first place?

Lets see after this holiday then we will have a clear view.

Monster Hunter Tri : Omegas

Behold! I am Omegas