By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why PS3 sales didnt move softwares?

I wouldn't expect to see a dramatic increase in software now. I would expect to see an increase in about a week or two. There are a few factors to take into account.

1) Older games would see a higher increase because they are cheaper.
2) Used games would take a significant portion of game sales.
3) Bundles.
4) And let's be honest, even though 300 bucks is a nice price point, the average person's wallet still feels it. I mean, if I blew 300 dollars on a console, I don't think I would have enough left over cash to use on like 5 or 6 games at the moment.

Around the Network
inverted3reality said:

Again, no one here has any proof. these are just horrible threads of people in denial. I am happy for sony, they are the last bastion of true gaming, you should be happy for them too.

With a comment like that, I went to your profile expecting you to be in the age range of someone who group up on the PS2.  Instead, I find someone who is old enough to have fought on the front lines of the 16-bit console war.  Inverted reality indeed.

Before anyone says anything, it is not that any of these companies represent "true gaming."  I just didn't expect someone of this age to be spouting this kind of nonsense.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I bought a Slim, MGS4, VC, and Folklore.

The Shaman of Sexy said:
I bought a Slim, MGS4, VC, and Folklore.

You sir have good taste.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

A high number of used games could of been purchased by new PS3 Slim owners and used games are not counted as new game sales. Games are only counted once when they are sold brand new.

Lots of second hand copies of Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and Little Big Planet are floating around along with all the older PS3 games.

No new exclusive PS3 games released during PS3 Slim launch week. The average new console owner generally buys two or three games with their console purchase.

Around the Network

Can't we just blame piracy like we did with PSP?

I can't catch up with the blame going different places and I feel left out :(

Just give it some time.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

DaBuddahN said:
I wouldn't expect to see a dramatic increase in software now. I would expect to see an increase in about a week or two. There are a few factors to take into account.

3) Bundles.
4) And let's be honest, even though 300 bucks is a nice price point, the average person's wallet still feels it. I mean, if I blew 300 dollars on a console, I don't think I would have enough left over cash to use on like 5 or 6 games at the moment.

I just don't get this point. Are bundled games not suppose to be counted in SW charts too?

atma998 said:
DaBuddahN said:

3) Bundles.

I just don't get this point. Are bundled games not suppose to be counted in SW charts too?

Bundled games are counted in the software tables.  Anyone who brought up that point doesn't know what they are talking about.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I heard Batman: AA got a good boost