By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why PS3 sales didnt move softwares?

@attam998: If people were to accept the possibility that a high percentage of slim purchases were from existing ps3 owners, could you accept the possibility that maybe the reason the SW figures haven't gone hand in hand with HW sales could be for the various reasons people have stated in this thread.
Its all opinions on both sides, assumptions with very little hard facts to back them up.
Personally I have over 60 PS3 games, a good 90% 

@attam998: If people were to accept the possibility that a high percentage of slim purchases were from existing ps3 owners, could you accept the possibility that maybe the reason the SW figures haven't gone hand in hand with HW sales could be for the various reasons people have stated in this thread, I just don't see that flexibility in your reasoning tbh. 

I've quite a few friends that have the fat PS3 like me, and its never occured to any of them to spend another 300 pounds on a smaller version of a machine they already have, I do find it hard to believe that a figure between 30-40% of Slim sales were existing ps3 owners, but I accept its a possibilty.

As for used SW being irrelevant, I don't think it is, personally I've over 60 PS3 games, a good 90% were purchased used, apart from titles like KZ2, MGS and Valkyria Chronicles etc., its not out of the realms of possiblity that people splashing out 300 hard earned cash, decided to buy a couple of cheap used games & a movie or two.

Its just opinions on both sides, bit too much mud slinging though.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The PS3 is mainly used as a Blu Ray DVD player. That is why the PS3 doesn't push software as well as it could've.

Based on what? I'm not asking if you could provide the figures for me, I'm just suprised at how another obvious flamebait from you went unnoticed, I've been ghosting this site for a long time, but stopped visiting as often because of the many puerile comments.

Around the Network

I picked up another 60gig off craigslist from a guy that wanted to "upgrade" to a slim. I handed him $250 and held my laughter until I was on my way home.

grapeape said:
I picked up another 60gig off craigslist from a guy that wanted to "upgrade" to a slim. I handed him $250 and held my laughter until I was on my way home.

LOL, thats funny, I would never exchange my 60 Gig for a slim. Lol and he wanted to "upgrade", haahhaha talk about a downgrade.

No matter what success SONY may find, they fail some how.

No matter what games come to the Wii, it doesn't deserve to be treated as a 7th gen platform.

No matter how hard MS tries to bring as much good games to their platform as possible, MS is and always will be Satan.

The fanboyism is strong on the internet.

4 ≈ One

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Maybe people rented some games and bought some Blu-Rays? There are a lot of people out there who like to collect movies but don't like keeping games.

The fuck are you doing with one of the best games ever made on your sig? Someone make this guy a mod!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
No matter what success SONY may find, they fail some how.

No matter what games come to the Wii, it doesn't deserve to be treated as a 7th gen platform.

No matter how hard MS tries to bring as much good games to their platform as possible, MS is and always will be Satan.

The fanboyism is strong on the internet.

I think this is probably the most accurate comment in the thread.