By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why PS3 sales didnt move softwares?

LOL

what you expected sw sales to triple ? wtf is wrong with some of you.

If 23m are buying 800k a week in sw why would 23.5m jump all that much ? new buyers don't go get a console and 10 games with it. Be realistic, some of you are way delusional with you're expectations.

Around the Network

lol... I know how much you want the Ps3 to fail atma but you have to take many things into account.

A. the SW is hard to track
B. there are hundreds of titles on the ps3 to assume everyone bought only titles in the top 50 is flawed

JEDE3 said:
lol... I know how much you want the Ps3 to fail atma but you have to take many things into account.

B. there are hundreds of titles on the ps3 to assume everyone bought only titles in the top 50 is flawed

You should read what ioi have said on this thread before attacking me. Now you just look ridiculous.

kid think a bit.

One Batman hit and skewed the numbers.
23 million buy around X amount of SW a week right.
500k extra would not increase overall numbers all that much.
Used game sales, spend $300 used games $20 look might attractive.

SW actually increases, you just need to read the numbers with a little more intelligence.

atma998 said:
JEDE3 said:

You should read what ioi have said on this thread before attacking me. Now you just look ridiculous.

lol... Funny how quickly people yell PR!!!! for certain things and not for others. Trust me PR isn't only in Sonys line of work. There are usually big discrepancies in NPD and company's shipped statements for SW numbers. Infamous ring a bell? How about Uncharted? Infamous was 100k difference for opening week compared to NPD and Uncharted was 400k off compared to Sonys shipped numbers... so... tell me... who is accurate? How can ioi be so confident its him? I appreciate his work but lets not kid ourselves ioi is an amature and his numbers can most definitely be off... I'll tell you why he is confident. It's because it's PR work. If he himself starts to show doubt in his own numbers what do you think the people looking at this site would think? I would say it would be somthing like this "Oh... the creator doesnt even know how accurate these numbers are... im going to take these for a grain of sand"

Around the Network
twingo said:
kid think a bit.

One Batman hit and skewed the numbers.
23 million buy around X amount of SW a week right.
500k extra would not increase overall numbers all that much.
Used game sales, spend $300 used games $20 look might attractive.

SW actually increases, you just need to read the numbers with a little more intelligence.

This is not the point.

There was 550k new PS3 on the market. Usually when you're buying a console you're buying games (at least one, but can also be 2-3-4 or 5 games) to play with. There is only 3 reasons that could explain the low increase in SW sales :

A- A large part of PS3 slim were sold to PS3 owners

B- A large part of PS3 slim were sold as blue-ray players.

C- Both of these answers.

^^

An 'armature'! Sorry, funny typo.

Of course the numbers on the site can be off - almost no-one, NPD included, has absolutely accurate numbers. You'd need every retailer to release their cleansed POS data every week - and that doesn't happen so far I'm aware.

Sony and MS will know what they shipped (more or less, even there they may be out sometimes) and will have a fair idea (time lagged) of sales, but even they probably don't have cast iron figures from every retailer selling their HW.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
^^

An 'armature'! Sorry, funny typo.

Of course the numbers on the site can be off - almost no-one, NPD included, has absolutely accurate numbers. You'd need every retailer to release their cleansed POS data every week - and that doesn't happen so far I'm aware.

Sony and MS will know what they shipped (more or less, even there they may be out sometimes) and will have a fair idea (time lagged) of sales, but even they probably don't have cast iron figures from every retailer selling their HW.

thanks for the catch.

I don't blame the guy for being confident. I'd rather him be confident than shaky. My point is just dont think the guy is infallible

The flaw in most peoples arguments is that they assume only their solution to the slight increase in software is the answer when it reality its a combination of them all most probably.

Yes Batman was released the week before, which inflated the usual ps3 software sales.
Yes some hardcore ps3 fans upgraded (which ioi talked about, which lends some much needed validity to that argument). Especially in Japan.
Yes some people probably only bought some used games
Yes some people might only be buying it for the BR functionality (less likely though)

Is it so hard to believe that its a combination of all of these to some degree?

Not really.

lol it's so simple, xbox360 fanboys bought the console cause sony is loosing money on each one sold than they don't buy any software cause that's how sony get their money, it's a trick them fanboys are using to ruined Sony

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.