By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why PS3 sales didnt move softwares?

Last week with 108k PS3 sales, they were about 1,24M softwares sold.

This week with 550k PS3 sales, there is 1.44M softwares sold.

A difference of only 200k SW. Could it be possible that most of PS3 slim sales were already PS3 owners?

A must own game like MGS4 only saw a 8k increase...

Discuss!

Around the Network

Aside from Japan, I believe it's well accounted for by the fact that Batman AA launched last week.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

What were the sales the week before that?

Demotruk said:
Aside from Japan, I believe it's well accounted for by the fact that Batman AA launched last week.

If you remove, the Gundam game in Japan, it only sold 27k more SW than the previous week with sales at 152k vs. 1.5k.

I think OP's comments might have some validity...

I'm in the process of upgrading my elite to a Jasper...and I will help boost 360 sales, but I'm not really increasing the customer base...maybe a non-360 owner will buy my old elite, but you never know. What I do know is that I has expected a serious boost in SW to compiment the HW sales.

As a rough poll, how many PS3 VGC members upgraded?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Bundles IMHO.

well some of the older games saw a reasonably high week, software wise...cod4 for example

software was undertracked maybe

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I think they've mentioned on this site previously that SW sales are much harder to track. Could be that. Could also be bundles. Could be used games too.

LilNjGanGsta said:

well some of the older games saw a reasonably high week, software wise...cod4 for example

CoD4 did 16k more while CoD:WaW did 2k more. Not impressive figures here.