By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why PS3 sales didnt move softwares?

atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
leo-j said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
Demotruk said:
The used games argument doesn't work unless there's some special reason to buy used games this week. Used and new games would be expected to rise proportionately to eachother with the increase in hardware sales.

Absolutely not. It's the price concious individual buying the PS3 this week. New software will only see a little bump, while used software will see a massive bump.

The effect of the PS3 sales on new games will be shown when NEW games are released. IE Batman:AA, Uncharted 2, etc.

Why GH5(PS3) didnt outsell GH5(X360) then?

oh idk, 18 million vs 9 million had nothing to do with it.

Yeah and 24.5M (Wii) vs 18.3M (X360) but GH5 X360 is > than GH5 Wii.

Nice try.

The sales of Guitar Hero have nothing to do with it. Guitar hero is a game like rockband, it's on its own. 80-90% of people who play rockband are non gamers. A large percentage of that bought the 360 arcade JUST to play rockband. Thats why it sells more on the 360.

Can you send me a link which can proves your claim or you just find that by yourself?

Prove me wrong. Real life experience has shown that to be true. The PS3 sales boost is amazing, games are going to rise, new releases of non-casual games are going to continue to rise in outselling the 360, more developers will put more work into PS3 games, sony will announce yet another year of best in class software and we'll keep rolling out.

Anyone who thinks a price drop is going to boost old software way up is silly, its the new software coming that will show the difference.

Thanks to admit you just created those stats.

Thanks for admiting you have no way to prove otherwise and we're both just speculating, mine based on logical thinking and yours based on hate of a console.

Around the Network
inverted3reality said:
XanderZane said:
CGI-Quality said:
XanderZane said:
Demotruk said:
Aside from Japan, I believe it's well accounted for by the fact that Batman AA launched last week.

Hhhmm.. what does Batman AA have to do with Uncharted, MGS4, LBP, Killzone 2 and Infamous not selling 100K copies this past week? Especially if you are buying a PS3 for the first time. Sure, I'd get Batman too, but I'd get at least 2 of these other games as well.

You really expected the software sales of each of those to rise that much? O_0

Hell yeah. Even 50K would have been nice. That's less then 10% of PS3 sold. How did Killzone 2, LBP and MGS4 not sell 50K with over 500K PS3 Slims being sold. Those are hugely popular titles and MSG4 sold almost 1 million copies when it launched, did it? The increase of these titles were less then 10K from the previous week. That's not good at all. Maybe people are waiting for the holidays.

inverted3reality said:
Right, however the price drop was announced a bit back, and they have been rising since then.

Games are under tracked as well. You're all just looking at a reason to hate on the ps3. I can't wait till you have no more excuses left. It's really silly.

I think people will always find reasons to hate on the PS3 and XBox 360. That's just the way it's going to be.

Again, no one here has any proof. these are just horrible threads of people in denial. I am happy for sony, they are the last bastion of true gaming, you should be happy for them too.

Since when?

Former something....

inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
leo-j said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
Demotruk said:
The used games argument doesn't work unless there's some special reason to buy used games this week. Used and new games would be expected to rise proportionately to eachother with the increase in hardware sales.

Absolutely not. It's the price concious individual buying the PS3 this week. New software will only see a little bump, while used software will see a massive bump.

The effect of the PS3 sales on new games will be shown when NEW games are released. IE Batman:AA, Uncharted 2, etc.

Nice try.

The sales of Guitar Hero have nothing to do with it. Guitar hero is a game like rockband, it's on its own. 80-90% of people who play rockband are non gamers. A large percentage of that bought the 360 arcade JUST to play rockband. Thats why it sells more on the 360.

Can you send me a link which can proves your claim or you just find that by yourself?

Prove me wrong. Real life experience has shown that to be true. The PS3 sales boost is amazing, games are going to rise, new releases of non-casual games are going to continue to rise in outselling the 360, more developers will put more work into PS3 games, sony will announce yet another year of best in class software and we'll keep rolling out.

Anyone who thinks a price drop is going to boost old software way up is silly, its the new software coming that will show the difference.

Thanks for admiting you have no way to prove otherwise and we're both just speculating, mine based on logical thinking and yours based on hate of a console.

lol what?

Why would I hate a piece of hardware? And since when a pure invention like ''80-90% of people playing RockBand are non gamers'' is based on a logical thinking?. Please do more research next time you post.

Let's fix this to reflect a lot of people's feeling, I am sure there will be plenty of LOL

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Blacksaber said:
inverted3reality said:
XanderZane said:
CGI-Quality said:
XanderZane said:
Demotruk said:
Aside from Japan, I believe it's well accounted for by the fact that Batman AA launched last week.

Hhhmm.. what does Batman AA have to do with Uncharted, MGS4, LBP, Killzone 2 and Infamous not selling 100K copies this past week? Especially if you are buying a PS3 for the first time. Sure, I'd get Batman too, but I'd get at least 2 of these other games as well.

Hell yeah. Even 50K would have been nice. That's less then 10% of PS3 sold. How did Killzone 2, LBP and MGS4 not sell 50K with over 500K PS3 Slims being sold. Those are hugely popular titles and MSG4 sold almost 1 million copies when it launched, did it? The increase of these titles were less then 10K from the previous week. That's not good at all. Maybe people are waiting for the holidays.

inverted3reality said:
Right, however the price drop was announced a bit back, and they have been rising since then.

Games are under tracked as well. You're all just looking at a reason to hate on the ps3. I can't wait till you have no more excuses left. It's really silly.

I think people will always find reasons to hate on the PS3 and XBox 360. That's just the way it's going to be.

Again, no one here has any proof. these are just horrible threads of people in denial. I am happy for sony, they are the last bastion of true gaming, you should be happy for them too.

Since when?

Are they not the only company left that still cares for the core gaming auidence? I think so. Its hard in a world of Halo's and Sports games for true gaming to succeed.

Around the Network
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
leo-j said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
Demotruk said:

Nice try.

lol what?

Why would I hate a piece of hardware? And since when a pure invention like ''80-90% of people playing RockBand are non gamers'' is based on a logical thinking?. Please do more research next time you post.

Given your topic, your execution and your reasoning, I did exactly the appropriate amount of research to comment on your thread. I'll just say that.

inverted3reality said:
Blacksaber said:
inverted3reality said:
XanderZane said:
CGI-Quality said:
XanderZane said:
Demotruk said:

inverted3reality said:

Since when?

Are they not the only company left that still cares for the core gaming auidence? I think so. Its hard in a world of Halo's and Sports games for true gaming to succeed.

Oh please...

atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
Blacksaber said:
inverted3reality said:
XanderZane said:
CGI-Quality said:
XanderZane said:
Demotruk said:

inverted3reality said:

Since when?

Oh please...

excited for push a complete game? I hear the wii has that coming out soon. Oh wait, it's shake stick aimlessly infront of TV like I'm playing with a dog and complete game.

I'm also well aware that I will be banned for that last post, it's a totally deserving ban as well. I will not remove the post either, I seriously cannot stand the amount of butthurt you're all having over this.

inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
atma998 said:
inverted3reality said:
atma998 said

lol what?

Given your topic, your execution and your reasoning, I did exactly the appropriate amount of research to comment on your thread. I'll just say that.

At least try to use some numbers (like I do) to back your silly claims.