By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do any of the Halo games deserve the popularity and critical acclaim?

Vetteman94 said:
It deserves it when its a good game.
Halo: CE was a brilliant FPS, one of the best I have ever played at that time.
Halo 2 was also a very good game but it seemed they took a step back on the story to focus on MP, not something I would've done but still very good game.
Halo 3 was kind of a let down because they took another step back in the story department to focus on the MP. The graphics were sub-par but the brilliant controls were still there, I never got into the MP mainly because I had my PS3. And it shouldnt always be about the MP, if thats the case just cut out the story mode and focus on MP.
Halo Wars, from what little I have played of it was alot of fun. It actually made RTS games on a console fun to play.
This is all my opinion

I just want to say for someone with almost 900 trophies (meaning you probably spend a lot of time on your PS3) and with a fairly anit-360 signature, you have some really fair posts almost all the time. Kudos to you sir!

Around the Network
Crashdown77 said:
Vetteman94 said:
It deserves it when its a good game.
Halo: CE was a brilliant FPS, one of the best I have ever played at that time.
Halo 2 was also a very good game but it seemed they took a step back on the story to focus on MP, not something I would've done but still very good game.
Halo 3 was kind of a let down because they took another step back in the story department to focus on the MP. The graphics were sub-par but the brilliant controls were still there, I never got into the MP mainly because I had my PS3. And it shouldnt always be about the MP, if thats the case just cut out the story mode and focus on MP.
Halo Wars, from what little I have played of it was alot of fun. It actually made RTS games on a console fun to play.
This is all my opinion

I just want to say for someone with almost 900 trophies (meaning you probably spend a lot of time on your PS3) and with a fairly anit-360 signature, you have some really fair posts almost all the time. Kudos to you sir!

Thank you, I guess, but what is so anti-360 about my sig?  I even mention my 360 in my sig!!!!!  And I have a pic of it in my profile, but not one of my PS3.    If its the comment about the exclusive games then it goes both ways for PS3 and 360 owners.  

games like this are kiling old fashion games like ninja gaiden,shinobi,devil my cry,castlevania..........whit all the hype

They are all great games, but it makes me sad that Halo 3 sold 10 million when far better games haven't even sold 1/3 of that

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Halo 2 multiplayer has not been matched yet.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

All of you are complete n00bs to defend a game like Halo!

uadfa said:
All of you are complete n00bs to defend a game like Halo!

I know. We should really not need to defend the best game ever.

Kantor said:
They are all great games, but it makes me sad that Halo 3 sold 10 million when far better games haven't even sold 1/3 of that

Well maybe they weren't far better games if more people bought and enjoyed Halo 3 more than the other games...

Does the game deserve its popularity? Absolutely.

Does it deserve the critical acclaim that it gets? Probably less so. Hype tends to inflate scores.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Halo speaks for itself in both Sales and Critical acclaim.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.