By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do any of the Halo games deserve the popularity and critical acclaim?

I personally think the series is overated. I've never really been able to get into the games. I've got the PC versions of 1 & 2, and just haven't been able to see what all the fuss is about. I notice they don't seem to have the high review scores on the PC but I would attribute that to the fact they come out 2 yrs after when all the hype has died down a bit.

I'm pre-dominantly a "complete campaign" mode; dable a little in multiplayer kinda gamer. The campaign modes in Halo feel really quite generic to me. Don't get me wrong, it can be fun, but I never really felt fully engrossed in the games.

I've played a little Halo 3 and whilst I throughly enjoyed the co-op, it still feels a little too generic. Its obviously got a strong (near-religious) fanbase, which is why a Halo title will always have good sales, but based on what I've played I'm not sure why.

Around the Network

They are underrated. Any halo game deserves at least 99 on metacritic. They are the best games ever.

Manos said:
They are underrated. Any halo game deserves at least 99 on metacritic. They are the best games ever.

I seriously hope that you are kidding. Halo is great but doesn't deserve anywhere near the highest score

dsister44 said:
Manos said:

I seriously hope that you are kidding. Halo is great but doesn't deserve anywhere near the highest score

No I'm not. Halo 3 is the best game ever and there are a lot of worse games with higher metascores.

Manos said:
dsister44 said:
Manos said:

No I'm not. Halo 3 is the best game ever and there are a lot of worse games with higher metascores.

It is not the 'best game ever'. It is one of the best games this gen, but no where near the best game ever. I think maybe they should switch it with Halo 2 but that is about it

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Manos said:
dsister44 said:
Manos said:

It is not the 'best game ever'. It is one of the best games this gen, but no where near the best game ever. I think maybe they should switch it with Halo 2 but that is about it

Are you saying that my opinion is wrong?

Manos said:
dsister44 said:
Manos said:
dsister44 said:
Manos said:

Yes. I guess I am.

Manos said:
dsister44 said:
Manos said:
dsister44 said:
Manos said:

Yes, he is. That's because your opinion is wrong. You're of course entitled to it and its wrongness.

Well, what is a better game than halo 3? :)

Manos said:
Well, what is a better game than halo 3? :)

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Viva Pinata and TIP, Banpo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, and LittleBigPlanet. Just to name a few