By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do any of the Halo games deserve the popularity and critical acclaim?

Adobo said:
yes. Now go play your games.

Yeah, discussing games on a game forum. Amateurs.

Around the Network

Well you are entitled to your opinion, even though I completely disagree.....but cool.

Carl2291 said:
yo_john117 said:
uadfa said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Halo, IMO has always been one of the most overrated series in gaming. This is coming from someone whose favorite genre is FPS. Halo is nothing special. Get over it. There are countless other games that are WAAAAAY better than Halo that never got the attention or sales they deserve.

Quoted for the motherfucking truth! Someone give this guy a beer!

Change your opinion much?  http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=79669  

Why must there be a monthly Halo Hate thread?  I guess everybody hates the best...

I have never seen a hate thread on CoD: Modern Warfare

OT: If something does well, its likely to be hated by a lot of people, just for the sake of it.

I guess thats cause its not the best

Halo 1 for the original Xbox was a truly great game, none was better then it at the time IMO when it came to FPS games.

Halo 2 was crap, did not like it at all.

Halo 3 is fun i'll admit, but its way overhyped and way overrated, just like MGS4 and GTAIV. those kinda games.

So last gen? no, this gen? yes...

Halo games deserve their critical acclaim. The huge sales, the popularity of the franchise, the loyal fanbase over 1 million people play the game online every day says a lot.

25 million games sold in the series with two new games to be released over the next year. Halo:ODST to be released in less than two weeks time. Halo:Reach the prequel to Halo:Combat Evolved to be released in 2010. The sales of the Halo series could be around 40 million by end of 2010.

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:
In short, yes. Given current sales/reviews of the Halo games, I don't really see the need to defend that.

I would counter: what is your hypothesis as to why the Halo series does have the sales and why they are consistently reviewed as very high quality games?

Hopefully your answer isn't "because I don't think it should".

@bolded

Wii Fit

OT:

I personally don't believe it deserves all the critical acclaim or sales that it does have. But don't get me wrong, it's a great game, and I still play it to this day. But it is not the godsend of FPS, no matter how much the sales seem to reflect it as such

Also, @TRios:

Games like MGS, Call of Duty Call of Duty games made by Infinity Ward, hell even Gears of War (obviously an M$ exclusive) are consistently rated as very high quality....and don't get NEAR the sales of Halo...and don't get me started on Valkryia Chronicles....

yo_john117 said:
Carl2291 said:
yo_john117 said:
uadfa said:
dougsdad0629 said:
Halo, IMO has always been one of the most overrated series in gaming. This is coming from someone whose favorite genre is FPS. Halo is nothing special. Get over it. There are countless other games that are WAAAAAY better than Halo that never got the attention or sales they deserve.

Quoted for the motherfucking truth! Someone give this guy a beer!

Change your opinion much?  http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=79669  

Why must there be a monthly Halo Hate thread?  I guess everybody hates the best...

I have never seen a hate thread on CoD: Modern Warfare

OT: If something does well, its likely to be hated by a lot of people, just for the sake of it.

I guess thats cause its not the best

That... was a good reply

I wont get into it, but lets just say sales and reviews say otherwise.

That is all

It's not just Halo btw, its Final Fantasy VII (Most Popular FF of all no matter what people think.) ALL GTA games, and World of Warcraft for the PC world.

Whatever is popular, there will be more then the normal amount of haters, its only normal.

Halo 3 seemed like it could have used some more time in the oven. It's supposed the 360's flagship game but it's not even close in terms of presentation to Microsoft's number 2 franchise (Gears) and it feels a bit last-gen compared to CoD4 and Killzone 2.

pbroy said:
Crashdown77 said:
pbroy said:
Halo 2 made playing FPS on a console feel good. It's the template of how controls should be set up on an FPS game.

Halo 1 sucked until they incorporated Halo 2's controls (Halo Evolved).

Halo 3 sucks because the graphics suck for a next gen game, even though it's multi-player plays well.

Halo ODST will suck too because of the graphics, even though it's multi-player will play well.

Last gen it wasn't about graphics, this gen it is. Get over it people. ¬_¬

I'm not sure where to start with this post. Um, well, I guess you're so wrong it's painful? That sounds good. Mostly in regards to the bolded. But I will say this too, ODST will NOT suck because of the graphics, graphics do not a good game make. Look at Killzone 2, that game sucked in spite of it's graphics. (of course that's my opinion, but I'm not on an island on that one)

LOL! Apparently mine is totally busted!